No announcement yet.

Stumble at 3000 rpm and up HELP PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumble at 3000 rpm and up HELP PLEASE!

The car rev's fine in neutral. When it is an gear it stumbles starting at 3 grand. The timing is 15 deg according to the scale and that is higher than the T mark. so 15 deg advanced? right. what could it be plugs? i don't think it is fuel filter or any thing cause it will continue to drive right to red, and when in N it revs right up no problem, only when there is a load on the engine.... please help!

please help **sniffle** :cry:

Comment

replace the o2 dammit
      Wil
      02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
      00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
      05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
      93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
      96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
      93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
        replace the o2 dammit
        TY harlem. First suggestion I will check it and see if it is the prob. ty lol

Comment

easy to know if its the 02's.

do this....put a jump wire in the DIAG box under the hood in the TEN and GND pins.

Start the car..does it run like it should? If it does, you know its a sensor problem (like the o2 sensor or coolant temp sensor).

If not, then it can be timing (both the timing belt or ignition timing), a fuel delivery problem or an ignition problem.
          Wil

Comment

just ground the sto terminal right it's a 93 festiva?

Comment

i dunno, i forget the procedure for the festiva. its in the haynes manual
              Wil

Comment

I think I found the problem.... I Started it at night to check for leaking wires, and found none. However my charge light was on very dimmley but on, it had enough to start then I took it for a short drive, it shut off some where on the way out and it drove pretty well no noticeable stumble, but it came back on when i turned around to come home, and the stumble came back. It died when I hit the drive. I charged the bat. and went to check the charging system this morning with my meter, I unpluged the 2 wire connector and pluged it back in charge light gone..... could it have done this b/c the plug for the regulator was lose??

Comment

fixed alt. put plugs and new fuel filter on still has a problem I got some tinkering to do once my GF is done with "her" time. The car is getting jealous, which is y I think she broke a break line 2day when I was going 70 :evil:

Comment

Working...
                  X