No announcement yet.

Fuel filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ordered two of the $6 ones from Rockauto. They look like the factory version and the $30 napa ones.

Comment

Originally posted by denguy View Post
      stop by........... For the festy

napa shows a $30 and a $3 filter............what do you suppose the dif is?
      $ 27.00
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Fuel Filter Prices

Rock Auto has them from 6.08 to 17.85.
        I've bought a lot of general maintenance items from there.
        They have discontinued sales on item sometimes which are great deals if you buy in quantity.

Comment

what year explorerer fuel filter are you guys using

Comment

Wow I don't know, I've never paid more than about $2.50 for fuel filters here in Australia. There are ones for around $20 but I always bought the cheap ones and they seem to work. I'm carby not sure if that makes any diff. Though I did see these nice clear glass ones at the autostore the other day, $6, I think I'll get those next time. $27? If I'm missing something let me know.
            Last edited by Click_It; 05-21-2011, 06:14 AM.
            200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
              denguy: If the filter is 3 bucks it's got to be for a carb
              I didn't see that, so that explains why mine are so much cheaper here
              200,000KM milestone!

Comment

The real question is why use the ones from an Aspire or Explorer?
                -Bryant

Comment

I use one for a 98 Mustang or a 96 F-150. They're probably the same filter as the Explorer. I just use a tubing cutter and shorten the filter inlet/outlet by and inch or so and then install 90* barb fittings. It also helps to wrap a layer of self adhesive weather stripping around the filter body so it fits inside the filter mount better. I use them because they are around $10 and readily available at all the major parts stores. I picked up my last one at Walmart for like $8.
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                  X