Oil in air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil in air intake

I was just doing a routine check of things and when I pulled the air intake off there was quite a bit of oil inside of the casing.Also inside of the vent tubes.Almost like it is being pushed back out.I don't know a lot about this type of thing.It's a '92,fuel injected,120k,seems to run fine,a little hesitation at low rpm's.The car is fairly new to me so I can't give much for specifics on how it's acting,haven't driven it much.I didn't see anything related to this elsewhere on the site.Any pointers would be great.Thanks! Something to worry about?(on a 1-10?)
    '65 Corvair Monza
    '92 Festiva GL

have you checked the pcv valve? ihave noticed on other vehicles whene they clog up they will sometimesdo this
    1960 willys pickup
    1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
    1989 festiva
    1990 festiva for parts
    1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

pcv

The pcv valve is working fine, but it looks like Monica's been there.There's a milky white substance around the inside,I noticed the same under the oil filler cap.
      '65 Corvair Monza
      '92 Festiva GL

Comment

milky white substance

the milky white substance is a water oil vapor mist that is forming.i see this a lot in vehicles that are not run for long distances to get hot enough to eliminate the water that will accummulate in a vehicle.its caused by condensation,the heating and cooling of metal.you might want to check the thermostat it may not be working properly and the engine may be running cooler than normal and it is possible you have a coolant leak causing the problem.i would run the car for afew miles to get it hot ,then change the oil and filter and see if this helps. good luck,worfdog
        1960 willys pickup
        1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
        1989 festiva
        1990 festiva for parts
        1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

SEARCH... sorry I am just kidding. here is a link to a post I made on the old board. hope it helps http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...icID=479.topic

Comment

Working...
          X