Getting into 3rd??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting into 3rd??

I have a ford festiva, a 1992 model (manual) When starting of up a hill sometimes it is hard to get it into 3rd gear from second, does this mean that i am just not giving it enough revs or does the clutch need adjusting??
    Ford Festiva 1992 Model, 1.3L 5 Door, Red, Mods- Roo-Bar with two spotlights, also stickers, on the bonnet, front window, and rear window

Not enough rpm's happening is what came to my mind first...put your foot into it a little more than you have in the past as you attack the hill in question. Shifting into any higher gear would require the car to be traveling at a higher rate of speed. Higher speed=higher rpms.
    The rpm's you should be traveling at would depend on the severity of the hill you are trying to tackle.
    If it's like a 90° incline for a mile or two (O.K., so I'm being a little sarcastic now) you'd need to keep the car in a lower gear (1st or 2nd) while climbing the hill. It'd be so steep that you'd probably not get outa 2nd. Not as steep as 90°...not a problem...get up your r's and slam it into 3rd!

I do hope I am helping you here but if I'm wrong with my suggestions, I'm sure that someone will be happy to put me in my place

Comment

Working...
    X