b3 engine swap...random wires and vaccuum lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b3 engine swap...random wires and vaccuum lines

I'm just finishing up swapping my old b3 for a newer one on my carbed 89 L. Everything has gone pretty well so far, but there are a few details that escaped my labeling and picture taking before I removed the old engine. The EGR valve on the old engine didn't have any wires coming out of the top of it, but the new one has a harness that I can't find where it goes. Any hints? Also, the #1 egr solenoid has two vaccuum lines and only one goes onto the egr itself. The free one now is the one coming off the bottom of the solenoid. Again, help.
    On the other side of the engine, the big wire bundle that comes from the battery and passes on the back side of the block has two terminal post connectors. I know one of these goes onto the starter solenoid, the fatter one I think, but where does the little black one go. In my haynes it looks like it connects to one of the posts on the starter itself, but it not quite long enough for that.
    And last but not least, the negative battery cable has two ground post connectors and I can't remeber where they connect to. Do they both ground out on the engine or body or does one go to the starter?
Working...
X