• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needragr
    replied
    Originally posted by jrclark32 View Post
    Twistiva,
    Did you ever end up installing that FourGreen unit? Did it work out?
    A yr has passed, i would have hoped so, but still interested in a response.

Leave a comment:

• jrclark32
    replied
    I went ahead and ordered one today... Part number QKK13760960. I'll let you know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• SLW in Oregon
    replied
    I want to know, also. I am the original poster, still don't have a replacement sending unit. Now I need an ignition switch, but that's on a new thread. SLW near Salem Oregon.

Leave a comment:

• jrclark32
    replied
    Twistiva,
    Did you ever end up installing that FourGreen unit? Did it work out?

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by jrclark32 View Post
    Has anyone ordered one of these Fourgreen sending units? Does it fit and function as a direct replacement? If so, I'm definitely ordering one!
    Ask me in a month or so. I've got new carpet that I'm installing when my seats are re-upholstered. No better time to put the new FourGreen fuel sending unit in than when I've got the carpet torn out. I will say that carb'd fuel tanks have an "oval" hole where the fuel sending unit mounts ("oval" like your typical 1/4 mile high school track with straight sides and rounded ends) and the FourGreen fuel sending unit I bought has a mounting lid/deck that is more circular/not so oval-shaped. Both the tank hole and the FourGreen fuel sending unit lid have 8 screw holes in the same general pattern but I don't know for sure yet if the 8-hole geometry lines up perfectly. Even if they do, the gasket has to seat properly. We shall see....
    Last edited by Twistiva; 11-26-2014, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jrclark32
    replied
    Has anyone ordered one of these Fourgreen sending units? Does it fit and function as a direct replacement? If so, I'm definitely ordering one!

Leave a comment:

• jawbraeka
    replied
    Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the access cover actually "below" the rear seat bottom on the left side, isn't it?
    Yes.. Have to undo 4 bolts , remove seats, lift carpet, remove 4 phillipshead screws, under there is the Grail.

Sent from the depths of hell.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Phone Bob's Speedometer up and ask.
    Probably too expensive. I would give serious consideration to buying a used one from Germany.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-09-2014, 06:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by the_feist_in_festiva View Post
    I found someone in New York who rebuilds sending units. And I've found a bunch of other homemade fuel sending unit repair methods here and there. So I guess I'll do more research on it. But the gallon gas tank in the back sounds good too. I don't know anymore.
    Just out of curiosity, what did they want to charge you for fixing these fuel sending units?

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Bert View Post
    I don't know if anyone alerted you to the fact that there is a gas tank and pump access cover inside the car just behind the rear seat. You do not have to drop the tank to get inside.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the access cover actually "below" the rear seat bottom on the left side, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Twist, I will check with Four Green if the carb assembly was out of stock.
    Functionally, they will all work with the same fuel gauge. So resistance windings must be identical. They are all interchangeable. Form, fit and function.

Hows the power antenna install coming along?
    Brave - OK, gonna order one of these tonight then. Can't remember how many years it's been since I had a working fuel gauge from "F" to "E". It registers correctly up until about 1/4-1/3 of the tank is burned through and then drops to "E". Have I ever run out of gas? Well.........:roll:

(BTW, power antenna install is on the back burner, for now.)

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    There were no fuel sending units ordered on the last FourGreen group order.
    Thx, Jess! Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Twistiva; 05-08-2014, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
    Brave -

When I clicked on the FourGreen hyperlink (the second one since I have carb'd Festys), it showed a pix of a fuel sending unit and the following 4 part numbers: QKK14260960B, KK14260960B, KK14260960A, KK14260960. If you just click "Add" (to your cart), your cart shows part # QKK14260960B.

Question: will any one of these 4 part numbers work on carb'd Festivas??

And....was the fuel sending unit one of the parts that we found in the last FourGreen order was actually not available?
    There were no fuel sending units ordered on the last FourGreen group order.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Twist, I will check with Four Green if the carb assembly was out of stock.
    Functionally, they will all work with the same fuel gauge. So resistance windings must be identical. They are all interchangeable. Form, fit and function.

Hows the power antenna install coming along?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-08-2014, 07:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    You are correct. I was just curious and wanted to see what it looked like.
    But not so curious as to open it up to see what the new winding looks like inside. Hopefully, it will last about twenty years. I look at it as cheap insurance.
    They are cheaper if you buy them direct from Four Green. They even have them for carbies. They are a lot more expensive because you get a new cover and gasket also. Nice.
    There are also a couple of other Pride fuel senders without pictures.
    Brave -

When I clicked on the FourGreen hyperlink (the second one since I have carb'd Festys), it showed a pix of a fuel sending unit and the following 4 part numbers: QKK14260960B, KK14260960B, KK14260960A, KK14260960. If you just click "Add" (to your cart), your cart shows part # QKK14260960B.

Question: will any one of these 4 part numbers work on carb'd Festivas??

And....was the fuel sending unit one of the parts that we found in the last FourGreen order was actually not available?
    Last edited by Twistiva; 05-08-2014, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul39 View Post
    Assuming the odometer works, fill tank, add 320 to odometer reading, write that on a card and stick somewhere visible. That number is when you need gas. The 320 is 32 mph X 10 gallons.

My Black Rocket speedometer / odometer does not work and gas gauge goes down to 3/4 full then empty.

Makes me pay attention.

Paul

Been using the odometer as a gas guage on Bessie for over 10 years and probably close to 200,000 miles.
    Gages are sill working on Trixie and Nellie so I thought I would get a new guage as a Christmas present for Bessie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X