Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange cluster problem

Hello all,

I have a perplexing problem with my instrument cluster. When I first get going in the morning, or after the car has been sitting for a while, the cluster lights won't come on when I turn on the headlight, the rear defog light flashes dimly when signalling, if I'm turning left the left blinker light is bright but the right one is dimly lit and sometimes the tach will drop when the signal light is on. It's worse the colder it is and returns to normal after driving for a while. I can sometimes get the cluster lights to come on if I turn the heater fan control on and off a couple of times. They do eventually come on after things warm up.

It's a US white lettered tach cluster installed in a 92 GL Sport.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've had the cluster out, but not apart, and can't see anything physically out of whack. Both the black and white plugs are tight and the heater control panels lights work when they should.

Thanks
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog
Working...
X