• Show
Clear All

• Damkid
    replied
    Repair question don't belong in the general discussion forum

Leave a comment:

• gunnerw
    replied
    Well I have pulled the battery and the coolant over flow tank and saw no chaffing, burn or any other problems with the wiring.. I pull the relay and I am having a hard time finding another. Here is what is looks like. With a fresh 10A fuse the engine will start and run for about 20 seconds the die. Any ideas on how to check the relay or where I can get another?image.jpg

Leave a comment:

• dalebwilson
    replied
    I have not experienced a failure there yet....but like you I have read that there is a large multi wire connector in that area that can corrode and cause problems. Wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the battery and take a look.
    Originally posted by gunnerw View Post
    I red somewhere that there were problems with wiring running under the battery box. Could that be it?

Leave a comment:

• dalebwilson
    replied
    Yes
    Originally posted by gunnerw View Post
    Dale is the main relay coil mounted on the quarter panel just behind the left headlight?

Leave a comment:

• gunnerw
    replied
    I red somewhere that there were problems with wiring running under the battery box. Could that be it?

Leave a comment:

• gunnerw
    replied
    Dale is the main relay coil mounted on the quarter panel just behind the left headlight?

Leave a comment:

• dalebwilson
    replied
    The fuse is drawing too much current. The engine fuse supplies power to the main relay coil. If the coil is weak or failing to ground, that could cause the fuse to blow. Check wiring integrity first and then consider the relay.

Leave a comment:

• gunnerw
    started a topic 10 Amp Engine fuse on an 89 FI

10 Amp Engine fuse on an 89 FI

Does anyone know why the 10 amp engine fuse would keep blowing on an 89?
Working...
X