Iranian Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranian Festiva

There's something almost charming about this video. It's pretty simple: a man driving a car on the highway. The hook, of course, is that the car looks like it's been masticated by Godzilla.

It says in the article that it is an Iranian built "Kia Pride" I could tell Festiva 4 dr. right away.
    It is fun to see they still are being built.
    it runs so sweet
    91 L 5spd

That's one way to get a convertible.

Those crazy middle-easterns.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Looks like it was recovered from a bomb site. Not surprising that another one just like it pulled up beside. They are probably strewn like litter along the road over there.
      Last edited by David88; 08-08-2012, 12:11 PM.
      '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
      '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
      '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

I think he saved it halfway through the crusher
        Ford Fester

Comment

Ha , you guys laugh at it , but hes the one laughing.

He got no rust on his.

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
            Looks like it was recovered from a bomb site. Not surprising that another one just like it pulled up beside. They are probably strewn like litter along the road over there.
            Beautiful shot. Proves that Festy clones from Kia and/or maybe even Mazda are still in the running for 'mass-produced current model' automobiles somewhere in the world. And rightfully so. Over here Fiat 500 is all the rage at the moment (mostly feminine audience) and I parked beside one yesterday. Much the same footprint (length and width) as a Festy but much smaller in every other respect. Seating tunnel at the front and next to nothing for seat legroom at the back. Exterior glass is about half. But the one I looked at had 16 inch alloy rims and sporty/sexy looking tires.

Comment

ISNA (see bottom of pic) is the Iranian Students News Agency, FYI.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

That one would certainly be a bodywork challenge!

Love the music, too!

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                X