Kia Pride / Ford Festiva Assembly Footage 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kia Pride / Ford Festiva Assembly Footage 1987

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share something I found on Youtube a few days ago. Apparently someone uploaded a video dated January 13th, 1987 of the South Korean Sohari plant. They are building Ford Festivas. There is also another video a few months later in May the same year. In that video, you see more of the 3-door Prides. I thought it was neat.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A very clean factory and the CLEANEST engines I have ever seen!

Pretty neat video!

Comment

That made me tired just watching them work

Comment

Creyes, thanks for those videos! I was entranced the whole time, ignoring my copious drool until they were over. Then I mopped up and my brain kept drooling some more!

I would love to be on that assembly line, guiding the workers to substitute some 323 and Aspire parts at the appropriate steps!

But a completely stock LX Festiva with all the trimmings would be perfectly adequate too!

I'd even take out a car loan for up to $10K if I could order one of these from the past.

Now how do I stop the drool?

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Hahaha anytime!!!! It's crazy seeing how many cars they had there and yet 80's Festivas are not very common. I actually have an Dark Red 88 LX and no it wasn't in this video lol. Mine came 13 months later in February of 1988.

Comment

Working...
          X