No announcement yet.

Skeeter update thread #4!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol classic piks ( the ones of you and your friend)

great job man,i would kill for a garage like that;P

Comment

GREAT JOB NATE!!

You are accomplishing a LOT more than I did at your age! Puttin' my sorry middleaged a$$ to shame, aintcha!!

Enter the FOTM like all the guys say to!

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Nate is too cool. :thumbright:
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Don't worry guys, i'm working on getting my submission for FOTM ready

Thanks for all the compliments! they make the hours worth of work all that much more worth it

spent the day today hunting and installed my BJs + Energy Susp sway bar bushings... man were my BJ's SHOT!! very glad i decided to do them. Pics will be up sometime soon, for now i'm gna finish up my fotm submission since you all won't get off my back about it, and then try to sleep a little before work in the AM!

John - do you still want the B3 for your white car? I haven't quite decided what to do with it yet, I like having a backup in case i blow something up and was considering re-building it for that purpose, but I could be convinced to part with it!
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

great work man! ive got some catching up to do
            89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
            RIP 90LX

Comment

looks nice. way to go on doing all of that on your own. its soo satifying when you can work on all of your own stuff. the high temp paint looks good.

know people that use that stuff and use small ovens. good for pistons too. 8)
              -rev till the valves float grab second and haul ass-

Comment

Nate , That is truly awesome , great write up so far and looking forward to more .

Everything you have done looks AWESOME !!

I have got to give it to you , I don't know any others your age that have done what you have done , on your own .

Most kids today would not have a clue , and you do give inspiration to others .

AND you do crack me up with those pics , BUT .. the one at 1 am with your head lights on ,when you first posted pics of your work are still a classic and my fav.
                ------------------------------------------------
                The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Kudos Nate!!!! Nice write-up and pics. Definitely agree that you should submit for FOTM.

It's really cool that you take the time to document and write up all of these improvements. And you have sold me on the roller painting. Gonna do that in the spring. Sucks not having a garage to work in.
                  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

BTW, your Mom doesn't check out FF.COM does she? Don't really want her finding out about the stove and the sink. :violent2:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Nice job Nate, and nice write up Glad to see my old B6 (or at least parts of it) got a good new home in skeeter's engine bay. Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, I was gone from the site for a over a month busy with a lot of different things and when I came back I clicked "new posts" and there was a couple hundred threads so I just didn't get caught up. Can't wait to see skeeter again sometime and I bet it sounds wicked with the B6 blowing through that exhaust you had on there when I met you. I assume you still have the same exhaust setup?
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I was wondering when you would pitch in!
                      I have basically the same exhaust setup, with the exception of the DP i fabbed (which is leaking again, i'm not a very good welder apparently! lol) So yes it sounds about the same, a little louder than i would really want, but thats ok! When i finish my 2 1/8" exhaust i'm hoping it will sound a little "deeper" and quieter at lower RPM's.

the B6 is a blast to drive, and i had a ton of fun re-building and installing it, now i need to find a BP!
                      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

great job man! i think i'm about your age, and the most i've done is spark plugs, oil changes and a sub! you've inspired me to go further... :lol:
                        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                        92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                        New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

I way behind the tide here but great job man. Congrads on getting F.O.T.M. Just wish i was that motivated at your age.
                          Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

I give yopu props - such ambition and a eye for the small details - end result just fantastic.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                            92 GL - parts car
                            97 aspire - parts car
                            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

when skeeter goes up for fotm, dont bother putting your car up because its going down

Comment

hey was that short shifter the same thread as the original festy shifter?
                                Joey Richard Jr.

1991 Ford Festiva L; died but donated all her organs
                                1988 Ford Festiva LX; EFI swapped in...actually everything swapped in

Quality is Job 1. Together, We Can Save Lives. Ford.

Comment

Working...
                                X