• Show
Clear All

Epic blowout!
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
      Epic blowout!
      No idea what that is in reference to.

I took care of the shifter bushings today. All of the 6 small ones were completely gone. There was only a little bit left of the large one. I had purchased the small ones from Napa and made a large one out of couple of plastic plumbing parts for now until I get a new one. It shifts like a brand new car.
      Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
        No idea what that is in reference to.

I took care of the shifter bushings today. All of the 6 small ones were completely gone. There was only a little bit left of the large one. I had purchased the small ones from Napa and made a large one out of couple of plastic plumbing parts for now until I get a new one. It shifts like a brand new car.
        That is really weird, I posted 5/24/15 the epic blow out and it never appeared there. Now it shows up here !!

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
          That is really weird, I posted 5/24/15 the epic blow out and it never appeared there. Now it shows up here !!

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...highlight=blow
          I forgot about the trailer blow out. Doh!
          Rick
          1993 Ford Festiva
          2000 Ford E350

Comment

I got the rear of the Aspire swap done. The Festiva's bolts in the front of the trailing arms that go through the bushings were siezed and I had to cut them out, since I didn't grab the Aspire brackets from the junkyard. I cut the limiting tabs on the Aspire beam so they match the Festiva's tabs so it will work in the Festiva brackets. A couple brake lines gave me some trouble, also, but got it done. I installed some 14x6 Isuzu Impulse wheels with 155/65/14 tires. i'm waiting on new front struts to do the front.

There seems to be a little too much camber on the left rear. I'll find out when I get it aligned.
            Rick
            1993 Ford Festiva
            2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
              Turn signals don't cancel on their own
              That means the plastic pins on the white collar that seats into the combination switch are probably sheared off. I would be interested to know the Mazda part number for that part too. Let us know if you find it. You have to be careful when installing the steering wheel that the pins line up with the holes.

Originally posted by Eaglefreak View Post
              Better stereo system
              I am working on that too. I am starting with sound deadener in the doors.
              Then, high performance rear speakers. Then, the front speakers. Finally, the single DIN stereo.

Does anyone know of a three point mount door speaker that will fit the stock screw locations, without modifications?

--------------------------------------
              Eaglefreek, I like green Festivas.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 07-15-2015, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Nice!
                89 Festiva L Automatic, black ,Bought 6/29/15 ,Not Running!!
                90 Festiva L Stick , Aqua ,Bought , DD
                03 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew cab , White,

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  That means the plastic pins on the white collar that seats into the combination switch are probably sheared off. I would be interested to know the Mazda part number for that part too. Let us know if you find it. You have to be careful when installing the steering wheel that the pins line up with the holes.
                  I found another reason that turn signals don't cancel. There is a white nylon piece that is in contact with the lever; on my Festy turn switch assembly this white piece was broken in the middle, probably a stress fracture due to age. As a result, it couldn't apply pressure as it was designed to do, so the end of the switch moved away from the plastic pins, rather than move the pins when contacting them.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I got the front Aspire stuff installed today. I installed new front struts, also. I've got the center caps for the wheels, but I'm going to refinish the wheels and don't want to chance breaking the plastic caps installing them and taking them off again.
                    Rick
                    1993 Ford Festiva
                    2000 Ford E350

Comment

Looks great. How does it stop now, in your opinion... BTW digging those impulse wheels too...

Comment

Originally posted by red90festyonair View Post
                        Looks great. How does it stop now, in your opinion... BTW digging those impulse wheels too...
                        I think I have a little air left in the system. As of right now, I don't notice much of a difference, but I'm using the Festiva MC and booster. I was looking for some "goofy" 80's style wheels and when I saw those for sale, I knew I had to get them.
                        Rick
                        1993 Ford Festiva
                        2000 Ford E350

Comment

Last week I installed a new stereo since the one that was in it was a tape deck from the 90's. The speakers that were in it were horrible. It had one 4" in the driver's side dash and one small speaker from a home surround sound surface mounted to the right rear. I installed 6.5" (they were more like 5 1/4" with a big mounting ring) speakers in the doors and 5 1/4' in the rear. I took a couple pics because I've seen some ask how to install bigger speakers in the stock location. I used my air die grinder to cut out some of the rib so that the tweeter would fit. The mounting points for the 4" speaker worked perfect as standoffs for the larger speaker. I then drilled holes and bolted the speakers to the grilles.

The previous owner lived on a gravel road and there was some stones in the heat shield of the cat that were driving me bananas. Today I finally took care of them. I couldn't get the bolts loose that held the shield on, so I removed the cat from the downpipe and was able to fish them out of the front of the heat shield. It was a bitch because many of them were wedged in there. I felt like a doctor removing bladder stones.
                          Last edited by Eaglefreek; 09-16-2015, 01:29 PM.
                          Rick
                          1993 Ford Festiva
                          2000 Ford E350

Comment

Love those wheels! I had to de-stone my cat shield on Pedro too! Haha. Maybe there should be a write up.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Dr. Eagle. Congratulations on a successful operation. The patient should recover nicely. Just give it some physio.

Without the stones, your car is beginning to look a lot like mine.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 09-16-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Well, I'm currently in the process of swapping in another engine. The original developed a crack in the block, which leaked coolant. It's been a frustrating day and a half. I bought a used engine that was supposedly in good shape that had a valve job and timing belt installed 5,000 miles prior to the owner removing it to install a BP. It did sit in his garage for a couple years and when I took the valve cover off, it had a bunch of rust in it. The cam lobes were rusty and it was tough to turn the cam. I decided to remove the head and install my head. This is going to add more time that I hadn't budgeted for. Today I had a heck of a time removing the drivers side axle. After breaking a prybar and 2 screw drivers, I wound up pulling the engine and trans with the left axle attached. Once I got it out I decided to give a try with a crow bar. Well, I put a crack in the transmission. angry9: I went to the parts store and rented a slide hammer and took the axle apart and tried it with the vise grip attachment without any luck. I welded a nut to a piece of steel and welded that to the cup. It finally came out with a few good whacks. I'm just going to JB Weld the crack. Now I just figured out I'm missing a piece. The replacement engine has a small nose crank and the original a large nose. A member sent me some pulleys, but I just realized I also need whatever you call the part that the pulleys bolt to. I was hoping to have it up and running by tomorrow at the latest, but now I have to find this part. :banghead:

Rick
                                1993 Ford Festiva
                                2000 Ford E350

Comment

Working...
                                X