UNDER ORDERS:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNDER ORDERS:

I do not know when was the last time I posted anything but I figured I would today after being told that I am under order to finish the car. Now mind you I will admit that the car has been sitting in the garage for the last 6 (yes that is a six) years....and I have been putting things off for a while.... well that ended yesterday. So today I cleaned the engine bay, tried to organize parts (which have been sitting for 6 yrs) and took out the rack n pinion to replace the boots (and to clean behind it). I will start the aspire brake swap tomorrow.....I am on a time limit so things need to get done ........fast......like by the end of the July 4th week. I found an Aspire with only 65k on it so I took the brake booster/proportioning valve, calipers, brakes, rotors, spindles (I think they are the Aspire spindles.....) is there anything that I forgot? I have new bearings and hoses for all for wheels. I do need to get a different brake line to fit the proportioning valve. I am assuming that the rest of the lines I can use.
    Life is not about finding yourself
    Life is about creating yourself

No need to replace the proportioning valve.
    Keep the festiva valve.

Comment

So keep the Festiva proportioning valve. Do the master cylinders interchange or do I have to use the Aspire MC with the Aspire booster only?
      Life is not about finding yourself
      Life is about creating yourself

Comment

You can use either the Aspire Mc or booster. Mine has both and stops great. I was running only the Mc before swapping for the Aspire booster.
        Now both cars are Aspire Mc/booster swapped.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

^ you can also keep the festiva master and booster
          I did for years and now run a 99 miata master and booster , love it! It all works just depends on the pedal feel your after.

Comment

Here's a new order for you: pics! :-)
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
              ^ you can also keep the festiva master and booster
              I did for years and now run a 99 miata master and booster , love it! It all works just depends on the pedal feel your after.
              Ya, i have the aspire swap but festiva master and booster. Pedal doesnt have much travel but you gotta push real hard to stop real fast, lol. How would you conpare the 2? What difference do you get with the miata booster?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Takes much less pedal effort to do the same job also when breaking to the limit of the breaks locking you can feel that limit and keep them from locking.
                It's hard to explain but after you have them you'll never want to go back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                  Takes much less pedal effort to do the same job also when breaking to the limit of the breaks locking you can feel that limit and keep them from locking.
                  It's hard to explain but after you have them you'll never want to go back.

Hmm, ok. I like wearing shoes with thin soles when driving and it hurts my foot to try and lock up the wheels, lol.
                  Might have to do an upgrade this fall.
                  Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by ryanprins13; 06-16-2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Your welcome there's pictures of the 2 easy mods that need done to the master. Really only one is necessary and thats plugging one port. The other is making the clevis longer to put the pedal back at stock height.

Comment

Working...
                    X