Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in poly shift bushings or other bushings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in poly shift bushings or other bushings?

Would there be any need/want for and interest in getting the shift stabilizer bushing pictured here made in polyurethane?

Would there be any benefit and would enough people want them for it to be worth me making a mould and making some parts?
    They would obviously cost more than the rubber ones at the kia dealer but how much depends on how many people want them.
    The parts are cheap to make, the mould costs a bit though. I would not be including the metal bushing, that should still be in good enough shape on any car to reuse or available at a wrecker if you lost yours.

Second is there any need/want for polyurethane bushings that the festiva store sells but in different durometers or colours? The front sway bar to rad support ones i bought tested at 82 shore A. I would need a set mailed to me to make any moulds of though as i dont have uninstalled ones.

Any other bushings people would want done? Rear axle bushings maybe? Filling engine mounts and shipping them would cost too much on shipping to be worth it, shipping to the USA from Canada isnt real cheap. Probably the best option would be kind of a 'group order' that i can ship to one person in the states who brings them to a meet or mails them from there.

I have acess to several different durometers and colours. That can change at any time but usually doesnt. If you want one i dont have you would have to want it badly enough to pay for a small kit of materiel i would have to get.

Options now are 40, 50, 70, 80, 90 shore A durometers. The data sheets allow for a +-5 in durometer but its usually within 2 and i have samples i can test to be sure. We have several different urethanes in some of the durometers, for example we might have 3 labeled 80 but one might be typically be a 78 and another 84 and the other an 80. They also have different properties as far as tear strength, elongation, tensile strength and so on. I can provide those data sheets if this is something that ends up happening.

In colours white, black, red, blue, green, orange, yellow, grey or no color.
    Actual colour will vary slightly as some of the materiels are clear and some are light-dark amber to begin with.

Anyway, let me know if this is something you would be interested in or not, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Can you make the steering rack bushings? There is no source for these and are needed in the community. I'm sure there is other stuff to.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
      Can you make the steering rack bushings? There is no source for these and are needed in the community. I'm sure there is other stuff to.
      Are you talking about these?

steering rack saddle bracket / isolator?

Comment

at least a dozen years ago someone sold these for the MX3. i can't remember where i gots but maybe something similar is available from mazda speed shops.

they also had these engine cradle bushings. should make the car even less civilized.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
          at least a dozen years ago someone sold these for the MX3. i can't remember where i gots but maybe something similar is available from mazda speed shops.

they also had these engine cradle bushings. should make the car even less civilized.

Those crossmember bushings look great! Are they still available anywhere in oem rubber form? My red festiva i had to really heat the bolts to get the crossmember off and melted them. Still broke one captive nut loose... :/

Comment

pretty much have your pick of sources on these. a couple of ford dealers has enough for a full set front/rear. plug these #s into partsvoice search.
            E7GZ6A061B & E7GZ6A061A.
            4GREEN shows them. FRT MB09239811. RR MB09239812B.
            USA kia dealers can get the fronts. they were used on sephia/spectra
            u.s.a. Mazda dealers can get them also since they were used on some u.s. model cars. FRT B09239811. RR B09239812B.

Comment

Working...
            X