Oct 13 2007 Ohiostiva Hotels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct 13 2007 Ohiostiva Hotels?

What is a decent hotel out there? Which one are you guys staying at?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

hey, this is codex's gf, and while lurking on the forums i thought i would ad my two cents on where to stay for the meet in lieu of last year's comments at the "festival" (you can't spell festival without festiva after all):

Good Hotels Around Summit Racing are: Holdiay Inn Express in Kent (on SR 43 Just north of I 76) It's new and clean and tt's only like 10 minutes away from summit racing. There's one in streetsboro too, but that's a little farther away, about 25 minutes.

Now i know some hotels are "dirt cheap" like the alden or the super 8 there, but people were griping about it last year how nasty they were. One of the rare elusive females at the event said she even slept with her clothes on because the bed was so repugnant. now what a shame that is

You get what you pay for. Microtel in Streetsboro usually has deals, if you guys can organize and get enough people who wish to stay there, they give you a real steal on group rates. When my sister got married in 2002, my parents were able to negotiate like a 45 dollar a night room rate, but that was 5 years ago exactly. Not too sure of the price you can negotiate today, but please call asap. Nothing to lose to find out!. Microtel is also a pretty clean hotel and the pool is nice and heated. All of the streetsboro hotels are within a mile of each other and in easy walking distance to most fast food places, or denny's about half a mile). Just don't stay at the Palm's motel in streetsboro, that's even worse than the alden.

There's also another hotel in kent, that used to be a holiday inn, and then was a radisson, and now is something else. But it's right on the corner of 43 and 76, next to the holiday inn actually, lol. The hotel isn't that new, but it's more clean than the alden and super 8, not too sure about rates and group discounts.

Good places to eat: El campensino on SR 59 in kent. Cheap and tasty mexican food.

Rick Roush Motor Sports is pretty cool too (in medina) , although it's a motorcycle store. It feature's like a 15 foot waterfall in the center of the store, and it reminds me of that south park episodes.

Comment

well thanks for the info codex's gf, hope to see you there so I can thank you in person, I did a hotel serch and came up with too many choices

92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Comment

i like the idea of the holiday inn

i'm not sure if i'll be stayin at a hotel friday night, i may have to work

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

thats what I was thinking . . . I'll hold off for a little bit if we want to try to get a group together

92 GL - parts car
          97 aspire - parts car
          87 323 DX - daily driver

Comment

well even if your the first one to book there, i'm sure others will follow knowin another member will be there

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I plan on driving down saturday morning really early, and comming back saturday night, it will be a long day, but just cant afford a hotel and gas, And I will make this one so PU241 doesn't have more ammo against me ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd
                And I will make this one so PU241 doesn't have more ammo against me ;-)
                That cracks me up!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Well I'm just going to reserve a room then since I haven't heard about anyone wanting to try for a group deal.

92 GL - parts car
                  97 aspire - parts car
                  87 323 DX - daily driver

Comment

i will more then likely be getting a room for the night. but i was wondering will there b a few ladies there bc im bringing mine and she gets pissed when around cars too long. so as long as there is a few for her to talk to ill b fine. please let me no so i can tell her. ill also have to agree with codex's gf the microtel is a pretty nice place for a nice price
                    1988 Festiva L carbarated 4speed. my street legal go-cart! the best car i have ever had!

Comment

We usually have a couple of women there. We've even had a few children in the past.

Maybe we should start a "Festiva Groupie" website. You know, unattached others who don't have their own Festivas but want to hang out with us? 8)

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

My wife will be there with me 1988b6t swap, so she wont be the only one not happy to be there :-)

Comment

My girlfriend will be along too, but she likes the Festiva, so it's ok.
                          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

there will be a girl comin with me (not the same one from the spring meet) as well

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid
                              there will be a girl comin with me (not the same one from the spring meet) as well
                              Uh, you going to elaborate or just leave us hanging!

Did you upgrade again? :shock:
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                              X