No announcement yet.

DJ Memorial Meet, Ohio - PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally made it home. Trip up was uneventful except that I got a later start than I had hoped. The trip back...totally different story. Spent about two hours sitting still on I-79 south of Pittsburgh due to an accident. Got into an interesting conversation with the guy in the next car who was certain, after I told him where I had been, that NOBODY drives Festivas anymore. Told him about FF.COM, and he said he'd check it out. Who knows. Was thrilled beyond words when I finally made it to I-68 only to find it snowing. :shock:

Having said all of that, I had a great time. Was cool to finally put some faces with names on here. Had some grub, drank one to DJ, hung out in the parking lot, in the rain, talking stivas for awhile. Wasn't really ready to leave, but had to anyway. Really enjoyed meeting everyone.

On a sad note, on my way up there, I drove past the Batstiva, sitting in the yard of the guy who bought it. Untouched. At least what I could tell from the road. Kinda got me thinkin..... :roll:

One final odd note. With the exception of the Festivas at QS&L, did not see a single festiva (Not counting the one on the J/Y sign I forgot to take a pic of on the way home) in the entire drive through PA. Saw 1 in MD. But, when I got back to my home county, I counted 14 in the last 25 miles of my drive. :shock: :shock:

535 miles is a long way to go for lunch, but was well worth it. Like Brian said, looking forward to summer.

P.S. FB71, where the heck did you get off to at Pittsburgh?? Was two cars behind you until the 79/279 split, then never saw you again?? :shock:

P.S.S. Just so you guys all know. My festiva key unlocked three cars, but I resisted the temptation to test drive any of them. :twisted:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241
      ...professor did some teaching,...
      is this a reference to me? :wink:
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

^^only professor I know
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
          is this a reference to me? :wink:
          Truly it was!
          I actually meant it as a compliment!
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

batstiva, I took 79 all the way down to 68 near Morgantown. I got stuck in that accident traffic, too, but it only took me 30 minutes to get thru it...?
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

FB71,
              How did the return go vs the trip up( not counting the traffic accident delay)?
              Did you find it a better ride than 76?
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

went great, thanks fo the suggestion!, oh, and I took the proffessor comment as a compliment, just didn't want to assume you did mean me!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Jim...you should take a pic of the seats in your car...I didn't get a chance before you left....Prelude seats....front and REAR! Very nice job.
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
                    Sorry guys... I would've come if it wasn't a 5 hour drive each way.
                    PANZY!!!! i did it and i'm further from Sharon than you are!!! did it in less than 5 each way...

BAH!!! Kids....

ps: i am now a learned student.... (but soon i shall be the master and we can rule the festiverse as father? and son... wait that ain't right, ummm)
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt
                      Jim...you should take a pic of the seats in your car...I didn't get a chance before you left....Prelude seats....front and REAR! Very nice job.
                      Thanks! I have some pics around here somewhere...
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Caety (g/f) wonders about a National Festiva Meet.... i'm all about it.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

got stuck in that accident traffic, too, but it only took me 30 minutes to get thru it...?
                          Definitely took me longer than 30 minutes. Course there were a couple of secondary accidents by the time I went through. People bumping into each other cause they were getting tired of sitting.

Guess I'll have to make a trip out to that J/Y, even if it's just to get a pic of their sign. :roll: :roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                          X