No announcement yet.

Weekend dates for Ohiostiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes. !3 hours one way. Out of my league. Too bad too. You guys have some awesome cars.
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Originally posted by KingFish View Post
      Yikes. !3 hours one way. Out of my league. Too bad too. You guys have some awesome cars.
      Its worth the trip!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by KingFish View Post
        I guess the only way you'll make it to a meet is if its in your backyard?
        Last edited by Pu241; 04-21-2008, 03:56 PM. Reason: complete quotation [/quote]
        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
        99 Dodge Caravan SE
        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Hey thats not nice just because you drove the farthest for the meet in mo, doesn't mean others didn't drive alot in one day.
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

^ I agree your trip started out in Michigan!
            Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
            99 Dodge Caravan SE
            95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
            94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
            78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
            78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
            03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
            95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
            95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
            95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

WOW. I need to hurry up and fix the car, get it inspected, get a license, and get this on the calendar, somehow I think I might not be able to make it to this one.

Comment

Same trouble I had for the MidWest meet. Ok, Sat May 24th? Count me in as a mabey for sure. As long as luck stays FAR FAR FAR away from me.
                Last edited by KingFish; 04-20-2008, 07:24 PM.
                Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

I made the reservations today. McDaniels was already taken so I got Pavilion #3 at "Windy Knob," where we had it the first time. Yeah, I'm a slacker, but it's not like we need a ramp so we can sail our cars around on the lake.

Remember lining all our cars up around the turnaround and taking pics from the ladder? That's the place.

Oh yeah, I'd like to have a raffle so I can get most of my $85 back! :p

Speaking of sailing, if anyone is working on "Boatstiva," maybe we can accomodate you next year! An amphibious Festiva would be too cool, eh? Hmmm, "Amphibitiva!" Tell ya what--I'll buy a pair of life jackets and a big bell hood ornament for the maker of the first one that doesn't sink! (Pretty good deal, if you ask me.)

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

i remember that pavilion, thats the first meet i ever went to!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

hmm... maybe not float the festiva, but i could bring my kayak!

but that would drop me a few mpgs!
                      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Hey Nate, you might put your mind on developing a catamaran type twin hull design that mounts on the roof for road travel, and then can be driven up onto like ramps and secured to the car for water travel. Then all you'd need is a prop drive and rudder mechanism. The car thus stays out of the water so you don't have to waterproof it.

Just watch the CG and all that, okay?

I figure you can be done with this by the fall meet...

HEY! Some kind of a treadmill in the front of the hulls that drives the props at the rear of the hulls. Powered by the engine and the FWD wheels.

Okay, maybe just an outboard attached to a trailer hitch?

So now you just have to figure out the rudder!

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

i remember that. i went there. havnt been able to make it since. i should be able to make it this time. either inthe capri. or a b6t swapped festy. with the works.

Comment

Bring the B6T car, it was at the first Ohiostiva!
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

passed on through the years. in different hands. same look. return to OHIOSTIVA! its not mine. so if i can talk him into comeing with me. well have that and the capri. either way. il be in the capri. unless he doesnt learn how to drive stick first. HAH! dont worry. hell be learning in my car.

Comment

Working...
                              X