Central PA meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central PA meet?

ok, so i have a few interested, but the question is, where do we hold it? WHEN do we hold it?

meet and greet? swap? tech session? all 3?

let's work out the details!!!
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Tuscastiva?

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    ok, so i have a few interested, but the question is, where do we hold it? WHEN do we hold it?

meet and greet? swap? tech session? all 3?

let's work out the details!!!
    I am definately up for this! Here is my two pennys worth....

How 'bout a Fall Picnic on Sat Nov. 8th or Sat. 15th at Tuscarora State Park.

Learn about conservation practices on Pennsylvania public lands and outdoor recreation, education, and business opportunities in Pennsylvania state parks and forests.

Pavillion #2 is available and I could reserve it. It is near the lake and has BBQ Grilles.
    We could meet around 10-11am and meet & greet, swap parts and eat.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After the picnic we can caravan ,a half hour or so, over to Centralia (the town that was torn down due to the continuing mine fire under it). We do a quick tour there then get some group pics. If you have never heard of the town or read about it, here is a link. Extremely interesting...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If there is only limited interest, we could just meet at Cabela's in Hamburg, Pa (Rt 78 & Rt 61) for a meet, then possibly drive up to Centralia (although this would be about 1hr away).

Of course, this is just an idea (and more Eastern than Central Pa) and I would be willing to meet somewhere else. Any feedback on this or other ideas?
    Last edited by XFi; 10-15-2008, 09:26 AM.
    -------

XFi

Comment

XFi,

I like the timing, I'd like to have something in the Nov to Dec range.
      But chances are weather is going to suck, or has that potential.
      Just a thought, any chance of an indoor venue somewhere.
      How about a joint meeting with the ecomodders.
      I really enjoyed seeing those guy's this summer!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
        XFi,

I like the timing, I'd like to have something in the Nov to Dec range.
        But chances are weather is going to suck, or has that potential.
        Just a thought, any chance of an indoor venue somewhere.
        How about a joint meeting with the ecomodders.
        I really enjoyed seeing those guy's this summer!
        Sure, let me check around for some indoor possibilities.
        Also, if there are no objections to FF members, We could make it a joint meet with some local Ecomodder.com members. Also I know there are several PA members from GasSavers.org that are interested in a meet too. Feedback?
        -------

XFi

Comment

I don't think there should be any objections.
          Just think with joint meetings the number of people showing up will be better.
          And most us have multiple makes of cars anyway.
          Not to be too picky, but if we were closer to the center of the state we might get some Ohio people too!
          Last edited by Pu241; 10-15-2008, 08:31 PM.
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Agreed that an indoor venue would be best during that season. I think a joint meet with GaSavers and EcoModders would be cool!! And, maybe sometime around Dec 13/14? That way you all can sing 'Happy Birthday' to me!
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Trip to Cabela's is always fun, in-doors, lots to see, shop, and eat...

I like the idea of Centralia too... Sure, the weather MIGHT be bad... But last year? Winter barely hit us at all.

I'd be down... Although it's more than likely that I'll be in the Jeep vs. Casper... No heater core or anyhting.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Open to suggestions, but I do have some calls into Cabela's (Hamburg PA 19526) and it looks like we can rent a room either Nov 8th or 15th and everyone can À la carte food or have the buffet. Waiting for info call back from the event director about the parking lot availability.

Sort of a catch 22 with going West, we would probably lose some attendees from Eastern, Pa or NJ DE MD. Although usual Ohiostiva attendees may not travel out if it is this far east.

Other input?...
                -------

XFi

Comment

Cabela's also has a pretty nice food section upstairs that's available? I've never sat down to eat, but it smells pretty good when you're up in the camping section.
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
                    Cabela's also has a pretty nice food section upstairs that's available? I've never sat down to eat, but it smells pretty good when you're up in the camping section.
                    Cabella's is worth the trip for anyone who has never been their.

You could spend over an hour just looking at all of the attractions (still wild life and settings) not including the store

Massive parking lot.

Easy to get to...on I-78....about 45 minutes west of the NJ border....about 45 minutes east of Harrisburg.

The dining section is conventional and exoctic ...they serve game....buffallo and the like....push a tray thru type...lots to pick from....not expensive....not bad quality.

I'm way up for this one....any date is good for me.
                    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz View Post
                      Cabella's is worth the trip for anyone who has never been their.
                      Wish I was smart enough to have thought of using a Cabela's!
                      I drive past one 2x a day!

So maybe I'll put together a Jan meet at the Cabela's on I70 in WV, Exit 12
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

FEEDBACK? What do you think?

Just got off the phone with Hamburg, PA Cabela's. If we want it, we are all set.
                        They will rope off a parking area (to the right side of the entrance by the pond) for us and they are emailing me the room reservation paperwork. I think it would be good to set this before Thanksgiving and the busy Holiday season. Unfortunately the 15th is not available, but Sat 11-08-08 and Sat 11-22-08 are both still ok. I'm thinking the 22nd may give us a little more time to organize and invite the Ecomodder & GasSavers members??? But either one is good for me.

Please post some feedback if this will work for everyone or if we should look for somewhere or sometime else.
                        -------

XFi

Comment

crud. I can't make a Sat except for 11/29. Oh well, have fun guys!
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Meet at Cabela's (Hamburg, Pa) NOVEMBER 22, 2008

Still waiting for additional feedback, but I went ahead and booked it for Sat 11-22-08 so not to lose the availability.

Here is what we have....

Location- Cabela's 100 Cabela Drive Hamburg, PA 19526 (Rte 78 & Rte 61)
                            Date- Saturday November 22, 2008
                            Time- 10am till...
                            Fee- $0 (but you will need to purchase your own food at the 'Campfire Grille')
                            Rain/Snow/Sleet/Hail or Shine

We will have the parking lot to the right of the entrance roped off. Hopefully we will have good weather and can hang out there. We also have a room reserved to meet & greet & eat in. Feel free to bring the whole family.

I really enjoy raffles and am encouraging everyone to bring at least one item to give away in the RAFFLE. It can be Festy related, but is not required (other type of car owners will be present too). It doesn't even have to be car related.

Please try to bring along pics of your car and previous cars. This will make for some nice conversation in the dining room (especially if the weather is bad and we are mostly inside).

Also bring along a written description of your CURRENT car and any work done to it or modifications. We will have a 'popular vote' and a CABELA'S GIFT CARD will go to the winner.

I plan on posting this at some other websites (EcoModder.com GasSavers.org and FordAspire.com) for an open invite to all types of vehicles and owners. Feel free to post on other sites.

We need to see how many are interested in an early afternoon drive to Centralia to check out the mine fire and get pics. We could plan on leaving around 1pm or so and caravan up there for some exploring and pics (about 1 hour away). Then people could leave to go home from there or go back to Cabela's. Depends on the weather too.

I hope I have not stepped on anyone's toes (FestYboy?) in planning this and would like to start a list of people who are planning to attend in another thread just in case I did.

If anyone has any suggestions to make this an even more enjoyable meet, please chime in!

I hope to see many of you there!
                            Last edited by XFi; 10-17-2008, 02:46 PM.
                            -------

XFi

Comment

That sounds good to me. And I'm always down for a drive to Centralia.
                              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X