Festiva Madness 3rd Annual Meet Saturday Oct 3, 2009 in Raleigh, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gforcefd
    Okay so whats the date for next years so I can show up, 55 festiva/aspires is truley awesome!

Just need to schedule it now because 2010 is already filling up on my calendar. Its been a few years since I have come to a meet about time I actually make one I think.
    Originally posted by Festyboy
    i'll believe it when i see it....
    I'm not sure I'd believe it then!

Don't over book your social schedule just for us.
    I'll just bring two cars!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by gestiva View Post
      not sure how to edit my other post...
      but i used 4 and 1/2 tanks... total of 1475 miles

also: i got the spindle/drum in a bag.
      front pass tire is completly flat now. but leaked none the whole trip home.
      taking it to the shop who mounted my tires and getting a new valve stem
      You can't after 15-20 minutes.
      I fixed it!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
        You can't after 15-20 minutes.
        I fixed it!
        you have 30 minutes to edit....fyi
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• pictures

greatest festivia men in the world

Last edited by Pu241; 10-06-2009, 07:54 PM.

CONTACT FOR 4TH STIVA:July 2 2011.TURKEY STIVA
          91-auto gl :::Ol Glory

Comment

• lets try that again

Last edited by Pu241; 10-06-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• I wish I would have filmed Paul on his Heelys, DANG!
              Steve GT

Comment

• Neanderpaul was totally rollin' on those things, was he not? LOL!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                  Turkey day festy meet in NC? I think I might have to go! You just gots to have some football, too, though!
                  there are five t.v's iam sure we will have the game on one of them ...just let me know ...
                  and its called turkey stivia
                  Last edited by ladyblaster; 10-06-2009, 09:45 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Comment

• Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
                    Neanderpaul was totally rollin' on those things, was he not? LOL!
                    He was a rollin' fool!

He's got magic feet!
                    Steve GT

Comment

• Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaattttttttttt!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                      I've got two. Got 'em in trade. Never hooked 'em up.
                      Well hook them up and use them

you'd be amazed what they can do to them things today !!!!

I have a uniden pc 76 xl that has a modified IF 520 final that does 35 WATTS
                      (9x the legal limit) and sounds good

DO NOT DISCOUNT THE CB RADIO

CHECK THIS SITE:http://www.premiere-electronics.net/...numradios.html

Joe
                      Last edited by festiva joe; 10-07-2009, 08:04 AM. Reason: new web addy
                      Go Ahead and Laugh .....Mines faster,more fuel efficient, ...AND PAID FOR!!!!!

:sign3:

Comment

• Well cool Joe! I'll have to hook them up now.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Festiva Madness photo link

Posting this link for anyone that may be searching Festiva Madness meet photos.

Dean
                          Raleigh, NC

The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...292#post295292

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip
                          Link to a short 5 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyy-zxgV5A

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24695
                          link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/
                          4th Annual Festiva Madness meet will be held Oct 2, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
                          Cell is 919-271-5190 deanraleighnc@cs.com

Comment

• I've been home for a couple of days from Festiva Madness....I've been trying to wrap my mind around what just happened. The scene: Over 70 people drove to Raleigh, NC, some a great distance, to get together and celebrate a car that many people think of as a throwaway vehicle. (At the dealership where I worked, they literally called them "throwaway"....idiots!)

I have tried to explain to a number of people why this event was important to me...I really can't outside of the fact that going there, I find people who feel as I do about something....I am reminded of the video for Blind Melon's "No Rain". Look it up if you like, but when the little girl finds all those other folks dressed just like her and dancing like her, there is just a joy on her face that I saw everywhere this weekend. Weird analogy, I know...

To Dean, Barbara, Sam, Will, Angela and all the countless others who made this Madness such fun for all: THANK YOU!!!!!!!
                            1989 Red L- The Baron
                            www.letstalkbeatles.com
                            Link to Baron Pics:
                            http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                            1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

• As someone else spoke so well (Britstiva, I think), it was just great being in company of people who "get it", folks who share a common interest and an abundance of enthusiasm over something they really enjoy.

[RANT]
                              That so many outsiders consider the Festiva to be nothing more than 20 year old throwaway technology suits me Just Fine. The car itself is the total antithesis of the "I'm now cool because I bought a $50-Grand ride" mentality. I've seen plenty of owners of really expensive cars who are arrogant, condescending & have massive, fragile ego's. That just rubs me the wrong way (as my Mamaw would have said).

Owning & driving a Festiva often tests one's humility as well as one's determination & mettle. And I will tell you this: Those Folks who own hi-dollar rides & think they're The Stuff just b/c of the size of the loan they had to take out, don't even qualify for Festiva ownership. I'm ecstatic that they want nothing to do with these little cars or the people who own them. Wanna know why?

Because "Cool" can't be purchased. "Cool" has to be earned.

So I'm proud to say that I know some outstandingly Cool folks... Festiva owners!

[/RANT]

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                              In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

• Sparky I must disagree. The no rain analogy is not weird. It is perfect!
                                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                                X