Festiva Madness 3rd Annual Meet Saturday Oct 3, 2009 in Raleigh, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sure was awesome!!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• I think this is a calender cover shot myself.
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

• Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
        I think this is a calender cover shot myself.
        X2
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          here it is Tom

Note that some of the cars had already pulled out and left, but at the same time we still had folks arriving. It has been a crazy day!

The final count was 55 cars. That breaks down to 51 Festivas and 4 Aspires.
          For the convoy, we were down to 48 cars. It was awesome.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
            I think this is a calender cover shot myself.
            Except that you can't see my car in it, I would agree.:p

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

• A lasting impression

The thing that made a lasting impression on me wasn't the fact that we had 55 cars from all over the place, although that in and of itself was Mondo Kool beyond my ability to articulate it!

What stays foremost in my mind was watching so many folks give selflessly of their time & expertise helping their fellow Festiva enthusiasts solve problems, both small and large, and get the cars back running.

Many folks worked together tirelessly and more often than not, deep into the night, to help get a car running right, lights working, brakes unstuck, bearings replaced... and resolve many other problems that I can't even remember! "Awesome" doesn't even come close to describing the efforts that were put forth by so many great people.

Because so many cool things happened this weekend, likely I will have accidentally forgotten some of the names, so please forgive me; even correct me!

Particularly, I wanted everyone to recognize the tireless Festiva help freely given by: Arte, Nate, Scott, Paul, Will, Dean, John, Greg, Sparky, Chris, Joseph, RJ...
              Because of their work, several people made it to the meet who otherwise might not have. Additionally, several people made it back home from the meet who otherwise might not have!! You guys are just incredible. I'm honored to know you.

On an equally important way, but somewhat "behind the scenes" before, during & after the meet, I would like everyone to recognize the efforts of: Barbara, Dean, Angela, Dan... Without their hard work, we wouldn't have had a place to even hold the meet, nor a suitable place to come back to for the Strip-A-Car and all the other stuff that happened out in the gravels of the driveway, in the garage, in the house... youse guyse know what I'm talking about! I'm grateful to have worked beside you.

When you get the chance... say somethin' nice to these folks. I assure you, they totally deserve it!

Cheers and thank you all, each and every one of you for making Madness-3 the World's Largest and Most Fun Ever Festiva Meet!
              Last edited by sam.1956; 10-04-2009, 11:01 PM.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
              In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

• ^ Sam, you forgot to put yourself on the list. Thank you for all your help. We could not have done it without you.

Ditto Sam's comments on everyone else's help. We really appreciate how every one pitched in and help us and everyone else. We have had a great time.

Still have a few folks around. Had to do repair work yesterday and so some stayed over to help.

Everytime I try to look at pics and upload a few, something comes up. Looks like everyone else it taking care of for me. LOL
                1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

• Thanks Dean, Sam, Barbara, Wil, Angela, Dan and everybody. Man it was fun! There is nothing like the festiva community!
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• ^yea, i had lots of fun.. and it was nice to mee everyone i look forward to it again. if anyone remembers who i am dont hesitate to add me as a friend!

Comment

• All good things must end. Managed to stretch Madness out to 4 days, but it's finally time to go home.

Many, many thanks to Dean, Barb, Sam, and everyone who busted butts to make this happen. Had an absolute blast. Great to finally put some faces to the names (well, for the most part, some faces not sure if I need to see again:p) Looking forward to FM4 already.

3...2...1.. Blast off. The other way.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

• Originally posted by takeone51 View Post
                        ^yea, i had lots of fun.. and it was nice to mee everyone i look forward to it again. if anyone remembers who i am dont hesitate to add me as a friend!

You got it! How could we forget you. Glad to see you guys made it home safe and sound. Say hi to turbogirl.
                        1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                        Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member

Comment

• Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                          All good things must end. Managed to stretch Madness out to 4 days, but it's finally time to go home.

Many, many thanks to Dean, Barb, Sam, and everyone who busted butts to make this happen. Had an absolute blast. Great to finally put some faces to the names (well, for the most part, some faces not sure if I need to see again:p) Looking forward to FM4 already.

3...2...1.. Blast off. The other way.
                          Batstiva<-----our newly adopted son!
                          Scott it was great having you around and we really appreciate your help. Come and see us anytime or hold a meet in WV and we'll come see you!!
                          Safe trip.

Man, the house and yard are really, really empty. It's lonely here.
                          1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                          Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Smedley View Post
                            You got it! How could we forget you. Glad to see you guys made it home safe and sound. Say hi to turbogirl.
                            i'll let her know, all of us florida boys made it home safe and in one piece. just stops for gas and food is all the delays we had. but god it was one hell of a drive..

Comment

• ladyblaster, orange crush and motoxpress made it home .it was great to meet a lot of new friends batstivia, paul, jerry,jeremy,andrew,jason,machala , jenny,calvin and many many more . and thank you barb, sam , dean ,angela #2 heheheh for all the work . cant wait to see you guys for our festiva thanksgiving . paul give those wonderful little girls a hug for me . Angela call me when your ready for a girls weekend out ..
                              and thank you again will, angelia, zach ,ariel ,connor

CONTACT FOR 4TH STIVA:July 2 2011.TURKEY STIVA
                              91-auto gl :::Ol Glory

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyblaster View Post
                                ladyblaster, orange crush and motoxpress made it home .it was great to meet a lot of new friends batstivia, paul, jerry,jeremy,andrew,jason,machala , jenny,calvin and many many more . and thank you barb, sam , dean ,angela #2 heheheh for all the work . cant wait to see you guys for our festiva thanksgiving . paul give those wonderful little girls a hug for me . Angela call me when your ready for a girls weekend out ..
                                and thank you again will, angelia, zach ,ariel ,connor

festiva thanksgiving? if theirs turkey i'll be their!!

Comment

Working...
                                X