X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Festiva Madness 8 Meet Info and Sign Up Sheet - October 4, 2014

Updated September 5th, 2014

Information:

Location: Char Grill, same location as last year.https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ch...5478fe2ac57511

4621 Atlantic Ave
    Raleigh, NC 27604

Time is from 11-3.

When you get there, make sure to come up to the signup table, get signed in, get your T-Shirt, vote for Fan Favorite, and Best Beater. Get your scavenger list items verified, etc. We are going to attempt to organize a greeting team to go out and drag people up as they arrive, but if you come up on your own volition, they won't feel compelled to use the Ether on you. Just kidding, of course they will use the Ether!

Things to bring: Sunscreen! There isn't much shade at this parking lot. Chairs. Popup Canopy? That might be overkill, but a couple more would be great for the people running the tables. You can bring some parts to sale, and buy a few. Chairs! There is very little seating and it is all close to the eatery.

Cookout. Friday night. Once again, food will be provided, and grilled for those coming in Friday. Be sure to bring plenty of drinks! Garage usually has someones car being worked on. Some of us love to wrench on other peoples cars 6701 Johnsdale Rd., Raleigh, AKA, Madness Central.

Saturday night is sure to be Madness continued as usual, at Madness Central. Bring drinks and food! The grill will be going as well.

Also, breakfast at Golden Corral on Sunday morning for anyone interested in eating breakfast before leaving town.

There are many hotels nearby, and Smedley recommends ones on Capital Blvd including Comfort Suites, Sundowner, and Super 8. The ones closer tend to cost more though. Please, those that have stayed at Hotels nearby in the past, chime in about whether the ones you were at, and whether you would go there again or not.

There is a campground nearby, not sure which one, your Google FU will not have to be strong to search, but unless they have changed from a few years ago, they closed the gates fairly early, and no one wants to leave as the evening Festiva-ties are rolling! There is some space in the backyard at Madness Central as well. Speak up if you would like to pitch a tent there.

Poker Run: We are not doing one this year.

Scavenger hunt! We will post a thread on the forum, and on the Festiva Madness FaceBook page Friday Oct 3 at Noon, with a list of 20 items to be scavenged. $5 to enter, and person with the most items wins the pot, half of the entry fees, with the other half going to the Madness fund to help offset Food costs. We will have someone (To be determined) at the signup tables verifying your items, and taking a tally. In case of a tie, funds will be split evenly. There will be a few hard to find items on this list though. Everyone MUST be entered and paid for by Noon Saturday, no exceptions! The winner will be announced when the awards are handed out.

There will be awards similar to last year: Farthest Traveled, Highest Mileage, Lowest Mileage, Bad Luck Award, Best Beater and of course Fan Favorite. Remember, Fan Favorite and Best Beater are voted on by attendees. Each vote cost $1.00, all money to American Heart Association in memory of our founder Dean Allen. You may vote as many times as you wish. You never know who it's going to be. FM6's Fan Favorite was FM5's Best Beater. Voting will continue until 1:30 PM, and we ask that everyone some to the area by the signup tables at 2PM for the award ceremony and group pictures. Set an alarm on your phone for a few minutes before two, finish off any food, and scurry on over! Don't make us send Lady Blaster to find you!

As always, there will free meet t-shirts for anyone who drives a Festiva or Aspire. Extras will be $10.00 each.

Last year saw some new faces, and some familiar faces missing. We still have yet to break 100 cars, so lets get it together people! Time to break that 100!

Please copy and paste the sign up post below and add your name and shirt size if you are planning to come. Hope to see all our friends soon. Come, hang out, eat, check out some awesome cars and meet a bunch of Festiva nuts.
    Last edited by Pu241; 09-17-2014, 02:31 PM.
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

1. Smedley - XL
    2. Scitzz - 2XL
    3. Warchild - 2XL

Comment

Official Festiva Madness 8 Meet Info and Sign Up Sheet - October 4, 2014

Last edited by cav5k; 07-21-2014, 01:16 AM. Reason: .

Comment

1. Smedley - XL
        2. Scitzz - 2XL
        3. Warchild - 2XL
        4. defprun - L
        1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
        2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

1. Smedley - XL
          2. Scitzz - 2XL
          3. Warchild - 2XL
          4. defprun - L
          5. Pu241 - petite
          6. Stivadiva - 2XL
          Last edited by Pu241; 07-21-2014, 06:25 AM.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I've had bad luck with my cars this passed year so I'm not gunna commit to it yet, but I'm gunna do my best to make it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

1. Smedley - XL
              2. Scitzz - 2XL
              3. Warchild - 2XL
              4. defprun - L
              5. Pu241 - petite
              6. Stivadiva - 2XL
              7. TominMO - L
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                I've had bad luck with my cars this passed year so I'm not gunna commit to it yet, but I'm gunna do my best to make it
                You're always welcome to ride along...I plan on making the Festiva as reliable as possible before I make the trip.

Dave Forget

Comment

Dave buddy, if my festiva isn't up for the trip, then sure I'll ride along with ya

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

1. Smedley - XL
                    2. Scitzz - 2XL
                    3. Warchild - 2XL
                    4. defprun - L
                    5. Pu241 - petite
                    6. Stivadiva - 2XL
                    7. TominMO - L
                    8. Kumalaba 3X

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                      It is getting to be that time of year again! FM8 is rolling up in a few short months and time to plan is now!

Location: To be determined. The planning committee should be getting together soon and finalizing a location. Smedley mentioned that we need to talk to Char Grill, and that will probably be the location. However, this section is subject to being edited in the near future so that exact coordinates can be planned around. Whether at the backup site parking lot, Oreilly's, or Char Grill, it is going to be close to Smedleys, so early planners can plan accordingly. Same Bat Time seems likely as well. 11-3.

Cookout. Friday night. Once again, food will be provided, and grilled for those coming in Friday. Be sure to bring plenty of drinks! Garage usually has someones car being worked on. Some of us love to wrench on other peoples cars 6701 Johnsdale Rd., Raleigh.

Saturday night is sure to be Madness continued as usual. Bring drinks and food!

Also, breakfast at Golden Corral on Sunday morning for anyone interested in eating breakfast before leaving town.

Poker Run: Does not seem likely. Chime in if you want it to be considered!

There will be awards similar to last year: Farthest Traveled, Highest Mileage, Lowest Mileage, Bad Luck Award, Best Beater and of course Fan Favorite. Remember, Fan Favorite and Best Beater are voted on by attendees. Each vote cost $1.00, all money to American Heart Association in memory of our founder Dean Allen. You may vote as many times as you wish. You never know who it's going to be. FM6's Fan Favorite was FM5's Best Beater.

As always, there will free meet t-shirts for anyone who drives a Festiva or Aspire. Extras will be $10.00 each.

Last year saw some new faces, and some familiar faces missing. We still have yet to break 100 cars, so lets get it together people! Time to break that 100!

More details will be added later. Please copy and paste the sign up post below and add your name and shirt size if you are planning to come. Hope to see all our friends soon. Come, hang out, eat, check out some awesome cars and meet a bunch of Festiva nuts.
                      Uncertain right now but if anyone from the Pacific Northwest (WA, OR, ID, BC, AB) is planning to go please PM me.

Comment

Sherry (Warchild) talked to the Char Grill manager today. He sees no reason we can't do it there again, but told her to contact corporate for final approval. She left a message and is awaiting a return call.

It will also be up to the planning committee. First meeting this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                          Dave buddy, if my festiva isn't up for the trip, then sure I'll ride along with ya
                          Cool. It would be very much better if it was in a festiva.

Dave Forget

Comment

1. Smedley - XL
                            2. Scitzz - 2XL
                            3. Warchild - 2XL
                            4. defprun - L
                            5. Pu241 - petite
                            6. Stivadiva - 2XL
                            7. TominMO - L
                            8. Kumalaba 3X
                            9. Jbibb1 - + Girlfriend 1 XL AND 1 L

Comment

Jbibb1 maybe you and TominMO can convoy and pickup Kumalaba along the way!
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                              X