Ohiostiva Spring Fling, 2015 Official Planning and Everything Else Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohiostiva Spring Fling, 2015 Official Planning and Everything Else Thread

In the previous Ohiostiva thread, we polled and got this year's schedule and itinerary:

We're meeting Saturday, May 30th at Summit Racing in Tallmadge and will convoy the short distance to Munroe Park, which is close by and usually used for the Fall meet.

Most folks voted not to go to PA for the cookout.

This will give more time to hang out and chill. It's closer for many, with less stress of driving a long ways. Munroe Park is really nice and we've always had a good time there, provided we weren't freezing our cabooses off.

WHERE: Summit Racing parking lot, Tallmadge, OH. Here's a link to their directions:

WHEN: Get there around 10 to 11am or thereabouts. We'll be leaving for the park anywhere from noonish to around 1pm. The cookout meet lasts around four or five hours at the park. If you want hot food, get there by two-ish!

HOW: Anyhow! Anyway ya can! Preferably by Festiva or Aspire, or at least something FordKiaMazda-ish!

COST: Nuttin, honey. So no raffle this year. Don't need it!

PARTS?: Yup. Whatever fits in your car, trailer or pockets.

So without further addooooo, post what ya gonna bring to the picnic party! I'll start, and ya'll just copy and post and add your name to the list.

1. Safety Guy Karl: charcoal, fire, utensils, plates, cups, meat for four others, some condiments and snacks.

Oh, if someone wants to start a swap/sell meet list of stuff, feel free to post a separate thread for that!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

what all do we need for the cookout i could bring somthing
    88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
    89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
    93 gl FI (sold) automagical
    89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
    88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

Oh, more meats, desserts, sides, and especially, MARSHMALLOWS.

Yum,

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

1. Gomez (Bryant) and wife - pasta salad.
        -Bryant

Comment

ok ill bring a few packs of brots or hotdogs(whichever people would want more of ) and maybe some potato salad
          Last edited by monkeykiller1996; 04-17-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I'll be there since it'll be the 30th. I also have a bunch of parts off of the newest car I picked up. I'll post a for sale/ part swap thread once I get a list put together.

1. Safety Guy Karl: charcoal, fire, utensils, plates, cups, meat for four others, some condiments and snacks.
            2. Blake4591: Smaller package of hamburgers (10ish), buns, and some extra drinks (pop, water, etc.)

Comment

Fixed it. You forgot me. Lol

2. Gomez (Bryant) and wife - pasta salad.
              3. Blake4591: Smaller package of hamburgers (10ish), buns, and some extra drinks (pop, water, etc.)
              Last edited by Gomez; 04-17-2015, 02:37 PM.
              -Bryant

Comment

3. Blake4591: Smaller package of hamburgers (10ish), buns, and some extra drinks (pop, water, etc.)
                4. Damkid - probably chips, pop, whatever

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I'm gonna request that day off today, will update when I get word.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

4. Damkid - probably chips, pop, whatever
                    5. Fecomatter - some dead animal and sugar drink.

Anyone interested in a caravan from columbus?
                    Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Me, Matt (Zoom Zoom), Karl (Safety Guy), and John (Tourqueffect) have caravaned in the past. The Columbus/Dayton guys usually meet Matt and I at Loves in Zanesville. I will be in a borrowed Festy this year since mine isn't quite on wheels yet. LOL
                      -Bryant

Comment

I'll be in my 323 again lol although I've made a few changes to it since the fall lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

ok you can for sure count on me coming ill be bringing hot dogs and buns also potato salad

Comment

Can't wait, I will request the day off the next time I see my boss at work. I also need to ask for a week off for a vacation at lake erie with my girlfriend in July. My job sucks though because none of those days will be paid time off. lol

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                            I'll be in my 323 again lol although I've made a few changes to it since the fall lol
                            323 is close enough. Would really like to see this V6 Festy in person someday. lol
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Ohiostiva Spring Fling, 2015 Official Planning and Everything Else Thread

I'm gunna see about getting my festiva drivable again in the next couple months, so might make some fall meets with it
                              Last edited by Damkid; 04-26-2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X