Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Festiva Madness Nine Project! (picture heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Festiva Madness Nine Project! (picture heavy)

For the last 8 years, Barbara Allan(Smedley) has opened her home to all every year at Madness. Come one, come all. Helped in organizing, planning and catering, she is the "Queen of the Festiva!" One of the most awesome people anyone will meet.

Every year, we gather in her garage and in her yard, and work on projects, helping each other out on things, using her tools, and parts from her yard at times.

Now, she needs our help. This isn't something I have any experience in at all, or I would tackle it.

Last week, a tree fell on her car, Kermit. The damage is bad. It is a very low mileage, great running car.

So, this year at Madness, I propose we fix it.

I have a welder, a northern tool 135 Mig with a 40# gas tank. There is a large air compressor on site. We can probably get the same guy to paint it after the body work is done. There are all the parts needed at her house.

Who is willing to get this done? A team should be able to do this in quick order, and I will be glad to stage up tools and parts for arrival.

Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

I'm not mechanical in the slightest but those of us who aren't can step up and donate a few bucks?

Comment

We might! Mig Gas costs $ if nothing else, stay tuned, and MANY thanks!

Comment

Wish I was closer to help hands-on... let me know if financial help is needed.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
          Wish I was closer to help hands-on... let me know if financial help is needed.
          Same for us, or if you need a part (or more) from the south west, just PM
          No car too fast !

Comment

Woah. That was one ticked off tree.

Never done anything like that before either. Sorry.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I have a whole parts car I can try to bring. Think it has a good windshield too. Its a 89 if that matters.
              Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Damn, so sorry to hear, I know she cares dearly for all her cars. No skills, but can do grunt work & will donate what I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a wiper hatch that I'll contribute. There is a local salvage yard (White's Garage, King, NC) that is reasonable where you could source a roof and other parts from their five parts cars. Hopefully, this will help. My condolences to Smedley.
                  Jack Byrd,
                  1991 Capri
                  1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                  1970 Chev C10
                  1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Man, she has a ton of parts, except for a windshield! Shorestiva, any chance you can pull the one you have?

Sorely in need of those capable of doing the work!

Comment

I can try. Do you have a whole roof cause that's going to be the easiest way to fix it.
                      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

If shorestiva's breaks I have one I can try too. Never done it before, but it's worth a shot.
                        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I see that the mirrors have problems.
                          I just happened to have a good set of non-swoopie power mirrors (with switch) that I was planning to offer to someone local,
                          but I'll bring them as a contribution to the effort instead.
                          Last edited by 1990new; 08-13-2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I wish I was coming I could bring my portapower
                            You guys need to push the roof as close to straight before cutting the damaged one off.

Comment

Fixing this correctly is not going to be a back yard project. When you remove the roof from the car it's going to want to flex and move around a lot. The roof is the backbone of the chassis. This is best done on a rack or fixture.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X