Insanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
    2:06 in a somewhat hampered (caged, heavy) Festiva! Did you run any laps in Tweak?
    Yeah. I put what was left of my dried up A048 tires on her and thrashed her a bit for old times sake. I can't remember if Ryal recorded the lap times. Tweak is pretty close to Cauldron in the lap time department. This is mostly due to the tires and alignment difference between the 2 cars. Tweak would be faster with more negative camber in the rear, MK1 VW rear shocks (Tweak still has version 1 rear suspension) and a fresh set of A048 tires. I've clicked off 2:03 runs in Tweak in the past. Tweak can take some pretty wild cheater lines when I'm used to driving the car, but I didn't really do any of that.
    Cauldron is a heavy pig, but I stuffed 205/50-15 Hoosier slicks under it and set the alignment to -4 camber and 1/32" toe front and rear. The car was on rails. It had more grip than I had courage. Lol
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-02-2017, 08:36 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Sorry Charlie, did not get lap times of you in Tweek, but watching you leap up the hill into turn one at 105+ was breathtaking inded.
      No car too fast !

Comment

And now for the last bit of insanity before I have to fly home.
        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Where's the videos????
          Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post

And now for the last bit of insanity before I have to fly home.
            Who is renting VFRs? My buddy from Maine loves to come out and rent Ducs but he always likes my VFR better. He'd be stoked to hear he can rent a viffer now.

How did you like the VFR?
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-05-2017, 01:33 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Greywolf View Post
              Where's the videos????
              Ben is editing everything. I think he's still waiting on some of the footage.
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-05-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

A few things to update:

January / February date for Insanity 2018.1,
                Pro Auto Sports wil not have a finalized schedule posted until September / November and we need that info to chose a date so as not to conflict with our points Championship with that group.

We are committing at this time to find a weekend in January or February to hold Insanity 2018.1. If this is something you wish to attend please notify me or Charlie which dates would work best for you.

It appears that 5 or 6 on track guests is the manageable group size for a two or 3 day event, and will work best if guests can arrive a day early so we can start first thing in the morning.

If the Fantastic Five (or more) of our Canadian brothers wish to convoy to an Insanity 2018 meet, perhaps someone can take the reins and see if you all have a time during 2018 you could come down together! (That would be totally Cool!) Please keep in mind July and August are WAY too HOT!

And yes, we could use some colour!
                Last edited by Dragonhealer; 05-15-2017, 11:04 AM.
                No car too fast !

Comment

I should have prefaced that there will likely be another Insanity 2017!
                  No car too fast !

Comment

Man I am so going to put vacation time in and watch the forums for the next Insanity dates, looks like it was a blast, stoked to participate in the next one if I can.

Comment

Errjam I'm from Alabama and would like to fly in and drive .. if that's an option
                      My schedule is fairly open as long as I request with enough warning

Comment

Working...
                      X