Insanity 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insanity 2018

Insanity 2017 went so well that were giving it another shot. This time were trying to give everyone more time to plan.
    This will be at Inde Motorsport Ranch in Wilcox AZ. We can use the track either the second or third weekend in February. This is a great time to be in southern Arizona. Come take a break from winter and enjoy some flat out festiva action .

We need to take a poll to see which weekend works best for the most people. Please only vote if you can actually come to this.
    February 9th-11th
    42.86%
    February 16th-18th
    57.14%

The poll is expired.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

I would love to be there sadly i wont make this one either. I might have the time last minute for it but i have no clue right now.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

So basically the same details as the 2017 thread?
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Man I would love to show up but I don't know how road-worthy Festiclese II would be before that. Anyone have a lender Festiva I would be able to drive if I showed up?
        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
          Man I would love to show up but I don't know how road-worthy Festiclese II would be before that. Anyone have a lender Festiva I would be able to drive if I showed up?
          This is the thread about the last one https://fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60471 if it doesnt work out to borrow/rent someone elses festiva they have fwd cars you can rent there and be taught how to race a fwd car. Then once your festiva is ready youll be a long ways ahead.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm planning on going at this time. As far as I know either weekend should be fine. East coast convoy anyone?

Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
              I'm planning on going at this time. As far as I know either weekend should be fine. East coast convoy anyone?

I wonder how much it would cost to rent a car hauler and just hauler 10 Festivas over there. That would be a blast.
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

East coast convoy ??
                I'd be in for that, would be awesome to squad up

Comment

Joe, the 10/20 route across central Texas is a really crappy drive. I'd take the 40 through Texas.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    So basically the same details as the 2017 thread?
                    Were still planning, and building cars so I'm not sure of the exact details. We have to reserve the track ASAP though.
                    Basically, it'll be an RSVP event. The facility is a private track that's gated and patrolled. Nobody can just show up, your name has to be on the list. Normally an experience like this would cost between 2500-3500 a day. This is not a cheap place to play. We are very lucky to have the tracks second founding member as a fellow Festiva lover and driver. Her name is Carolyn, and she's not on this forum, but she owns at least 6 Festivas.
                    The cost will be somewhere around 200 a day for track time. Car rentals will be available by session. Ride alongs are free, but limited. Attendance is free, but we strongly encourage bringing something to help the cause (ie food, drinks, video gear, helping set of hands, cosworth formula 1 engineer, ect ect.)
                    The track will be mostly ours for the whole weekend. We may have to split up sessions with Superbike riders if they show up. Otherwise it'll be Festivas/Mazda2 and the occasional Porsche, McClaren, Ferrari or Viper.
                    This track itself is something to behold. It's got its own runway and tower for private jets to fly in (most of the members fly in and drive thier toys and fly out, since the track is in the middle of nowhere.)
                    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-26-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I think either weekend will work for me, so i wont vote.

I'd be in for an eastern convoy. Aprox 30hrs from here, i'd probably plan to do it in two days, but if others dont want 15hr driving days we could figure that out. Depends on if my wife wants to come too.
                      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                        Joe, the 10/20 route across central Texas is a really crappy drive. I'd take the 40 through Texas.
                        :dontknow: No route planned yet just a quick google maps to get a rough idea.
                        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

I drove that 20/10 across Texas then 8 to San Diego several years ago in midsummer, but drove north to Utah and took 70 back east to St. Louis then 64 back south.
                          I've never driven 40 across Texas so I can't compare, but I'd be willing to bet that 70 beats them both. That would be a little more out of the way though.
                          It's in February and weather is more likely to be an issues on those northern routes so you would be wise to choose your routes coming and going closer to February 2018.
                          For us folks down here in the South though, I guess we would have to endure that crappy route (at least one way).
                          Last edited by 1990new; 07-26-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

May be best to route plan based on weather, but of all the times I've run the I10/I20 route, last weeks run is the best I can remember it's ever been.
                            No car too fast !

Comment

February 17th is my 30th Birthday so I am working on a plan to make it out there this time. If I go I will probably trailer there and back just in case anything breaks on the car. I could meet the East coast people in Jackson Mississippi if we all want to convoy.
                              "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                              sigpic
                              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                              "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                              "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                              "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X