Festiva Insanity 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Insanity 2018

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

PM me for more details. This is an RSVP only event. Please don't come out unless you talk to me first. Space is limited.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Hi Charlie,
      Unfortunately we won't be able to make it, already committed to a hockey tournament that weekend.
      Have you thought of contacting the automotive press to see if they'd be interested in covering the event?
      Cheers
      Ian
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Wow! This should be an awesome event! Imma gonna have ta try an make it.

Imma gonna have to buy some lotto tickets.....
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Wish I could come, but my cars suspension will not be completed yet, plus it's a 30 hour drive. Will this be an annual thing? The wife and I will come to the next one for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

We can't say for sure if this will be an annual event. We had to pull some serious strings to make this happen. We got lucky, and after 6 months of hashing out details, we were given the green flag to have this gathering. The track is a gated private country club for car enthusiasts. It's mostly used for very high end race cars and street cars. For those reasons, we have a limited number of people who can come.

Comment

Make it a annual event but at a different track each year? I know we couldn't afford to rent a track unless we had way more members involved but maybe we could piggyback someone else's track day? Like the Supermiata series does with speed ventures.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
              Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

The Miata guys are douchebags when it comes to Festiva stuff. They don't like seeing their precious sports cars getting gapped by a turdbox.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Brad, our "precious" Miatas are bottom feeders at this country club, they are cheap and easy to write off, so we tend to drive at the limit, this irritates the owners of 100K and 1M dollar cars, who won't drive that hard for whatever reason.....
                  Last weekend Carolyn had to work to pass the red Cayman and the blue M3......she was driving a Miata !!! And yes, have video.
                  No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
                    Make it a annual event but at a different track each year? I know we couldn't afford to rent a track unless we had way more members involved but maybe we could piggyback someone else's track day? Like the Supermiata series does with speed ventures.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                    That is definitely a possibility. It could even happen that way at this track as our favorite Autosport organization (Pro Autosport) holds at least 2 events a year here. We toyed with combining events with them this year, but the cost would have been higher and there would be more traffic on the coarse as well as less available track time. There is a pretty strong possibility that we will get track time with only Festivas and there should be enough available laps to give all (but the most practiced drivers) jello arms by the end of the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                      The Miata guys are douchebags when it comes to Festiva stuff. They don't like seeing their precious sports cars getting gapped by a turdbox.
                      A high percentage of "internet racer" miata types tend to be idiots. However, that's not the case at the actual race track. A good portion of my track family drive/race Miatas and I can often be found behind the wheel of one myself. I rarely post on Miata forums or pages, but I've met friends on them, just like I have here. There will probably be a few Miatas at Insanity, and I'm sure we could arrange a few lap comparisons to show the strengths and weaknesses of the Festiva vs. the Miata. The best way to know it, is to experience it. That's where "internet racers" of all pedigree fall short.
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-04-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Ok all paid up for this event. I'm super excited about this. I'm not a big hard Parker that tends to bore me so 2 festiva track days is awesome. Anyone on the fence about this event should know that this is a great price on track time not to mention all the festiva experience you will have around you
                        1990 festiva l (747 the jumbo jet) (b6t & g box)

Comment

A few days of being around the best and brightest in the festiva world is worth the price of admission!
                          I'm paid up too. Now to finish the car..
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I will tell you what Festiva Insanity 2018 is.
                            Pulling parts off a Festiva in the junkyard on the coldest day of the year last Friday.
                            I was the only insane person in the entire yard. The snow was about a foot deep.
                            There were some animal tracks beside my own.
                            It was colder than a polar bears.
                            -16C + windchill.
                            Insanity.

Comment

Brave, I don't think calenders can be read at that temperature ........
                              No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                              X