30 second search delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 second search delay

“This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 22 seconds.”
    Holy crap is it annoying that there is a 30 second delay between searches. Can you please change it to 0-10 seconds?

Need to reinstate the view new posts option

Comment

Yes please

Comment

Oh for pete's sake: This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 20 seconds.

This forum is hard to use as it is, why make it worse by putting a useless 30 second delay? It's not like you need that to decrease server load... all it does is provide friction to users. At least remove the delay for logged in members who are legitimately trying to use the forum.
        Last edited by SimonTuffGuy; 01-29-2019, 10:52 PM. Reason: language

Comment

Originally posted by 93FestyEh View Post
          This forum is hard to use as it is, why make it worse by putting a useless 30 second delay? It's not like you need that to decrease server load... all it does is provide friction to users. At least remove the delay for logged in members who are legitimately trying to use the forum.
          This has been a function and a limit of the server since day one, back when we were running on phpBB. I've made several tweaks today to hopefully improve the use of the search function, including a full rebuild of the search database (that is still running now).
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post

This has been a function and a limit of the server since day one, back when we were running on phpBB. I've made several tweaks today to hopefully improve the use of the search function, including a full rebuild of the search database (that is still running now).
            Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

I find this forum to be one of the easiest to navigate. A 30 second wait between searches is not a big deal. If you are in that much of a rush use Google

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X