New Site Addition - Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site Addition - Garage

We've added a new modification to the site, that allows you to post information about your car, build-up, and attach pictures.

You can access the Garage from the top navigation bar.

To edit your vehicle, go under your User CP, and select "Edit vBGarage"...

We're allowing 10 total photos to be posted per user. Please resize them so they're not huge. You're set to a certain size limit, so if it starts kicking them out, delete old photos or resize accordingly.

Enjoy!
    Simon - pimptiva.com

I can't seem to upload pictures..

Comment

How big are they?
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I can't get a pic to load either? What size should they be?
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
          How big are they?
          Dimension wise..922x691
          Size..379kb

Comment

Well, I see that quaddawg posted 4 pics that were 700 pixels wide. My guess is they need to be around that size or smaller to post properly.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

we had a limit on the old board of 640x480 so it would make it easier to see without scrolling back and forth, shoud be the same here I would think.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

The garage creates thubmnails automatically... When you click on the thumbnail, it'll give the full size version in another window. Scrolling shouldn't be an issue.
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I like the garage! Thanks Simon!

It would be nice if we could have pics in there that are hosted off site, so we're not limited to 10 pics, but it will be a good summary of what we've done, and I'll just keep doing my "update" threads every few months in the pics forum, because most of my threads have 20+ pics each.

once again, nice.
                  ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                  91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                  1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                  2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I'm sure you could just add a link in the description? ie... "For more pictures of project A, go to <url>"
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

i'm just going to have to figure how to post both of my festivas in there :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Yea, sorry guys... If anyone can source a better script for the garage, please feel free to look... I browsed the forums for a bit trying to find a decent script and this is what I came up with...

I know PHPBB had a nice garage addition that let you add multiple cars, each one having its own page, etc... But I couldn't find anything for VB.
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

well everything you've done so far Simon has been awesome so even if we can't add multiple cars, it's still better than nothin at all

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

an idea i have to improve the garage feature is when you click on a persons profile, it would be nice if from the profile you can go to that persons garage

i think it would make easier reference to the garage feature and make it easier to use, especially once we get more and more members using it

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                              an idea i have to improve the garage feature is when you click on a persons profile, it would be nice if from the profile you can go to that persons garage

i think it would make easier reference to the garage feature and make it easier to use, especially once we get more and more members using it
                              Hmmm... Let me see if I can custom code that.
                              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X