PROJECT CAR MAG+ festiva/aspire= coolness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT CAR MAG+ festiva/aspire= coolness

Here is what I propose, we here at ff and fa.com write to the editors of Project car mag. to suggest the platform of a fesy/aspire. I have already sent them an email. if we get enough I do believe that they will do it seeing it is mazda based and does have history of rally racing (the b6t does any way) they do things on a budget and give step by step instructions. the b6t festy/aspire is one of the best bang for the buck swaps and can be done for under 4k which is good for them cause that is right in budget. please visit projectcarmag.com and send them an e-mail. the more responses they have the more likely they will do it.

is anybody up to it???

Comment

I would be but SCC mag already did that so they probably wouldn't be interested in it.

Comment

They've also done hondas and acuras before too...

Who knows?

I'm down. What I need to do?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Good point anomoly, tell us where and what to write I am sure more will help.

Logan

Comment

go to projectcarmagazine.com click on the inbox part of the contact list and that is how you get the link. if your comp. is like mine when you click a window for outlook pops up just copy that TO: link and go to your e-mail provider and past it in the TO: part of your own...however there is going to be two one is like this

EG. dvdreith@yahoo <dvdreith@yahoo>

just delete the one with the arrows. I used my e-mail for the EG.

Comment

so how many have done this yet?? I have a few times. we just need more support. there are a few people on here so I am shure that we could get them to do it. I think if we have the "big hitters" like every one that has done either the bp,bpt, or b6t something in the good power ranges, send them a detailed message and tell them it can be managed for under 4K. most projects in projectcar mag are around 4-5K and a 4k festy is a fast/stylish car. we just need to put more pressure on them. a greater fan base of a car the more sales, the more sales = more money and in the end that is what their target is.

Comment

i actually beg to differ. while it would be nice to have some coverage, i think the festy is a great sleeper and a good platform that most people (even those who are into tuning car) dont konw about. id just hate to see a bunch of people jump on the bandwagon b/c they saw it in some mag. they are also becoming more and more difficuilt to find and bandwagoners wont help that. id hate to see the festy beome trendy like the AE86 and 240 have. personally, there are tons of cars i could get as projects, but the festy has a lot more appeal for me b/c everyone isnt doing it. but thats just my 2 cents...

plus, look at what happened to the SCC car. one write-up and then it fell off the map.

Comment

Once i know my B6T runs (just waiting for a distributor) i plan on doing a detailed write up on doing a B6T swap

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

There are a lot of people who would kill for a corolla gt-s and damkid has the right idea about where I am coming from. There has yet been a very detailed write up or descriptive swap from any of the higher hp motors that can be swapped into a festy. plus I was going to do an aspire-b6T. but I now want to do a festy. it is lighter and a lot more people have done it i a festy. which helps my aspirations become true. Every one that buys a festy that is young that finds this place is going to want to do the same as the people here that has already done swaps. So just because people see it, it doesn't mean that it will take off. and if it really didn't take off and just fell. WELL we would have documentation we could BUY for 5 bucks to do research on, instead of having to ask the same questions, running into the same problems, due to the lack of precise detail in the forums by past people who have done the swap desired, that's not their fault though they have a lot to deal with in their goals. so documentation isn't as detailed as it could be. At least with p.c.mag they tell you step by step, the difficulty of the work being done, and what tools you will need. they would have many people working the bugs out and doing the write up on it. it is just what we festy tuners want. it is just easier for them to do it. and all it will take is a letter to them that takes less time than it does to scroll through all the new posts on here. It won't really be a trend. the festiva is really just a love it or hate it kind of car. We here love it. plus it could have appeal to them due to the fact that it is mainly a Mazda design. it has readily available performance parts for it, some of it is from its counterpart the aspire....it has styling upgrades for it, and optioned motor swaps. it is cheap and that is really what they are looking for. they may not like the idea from just a hand full of people but with enough back round support we can possibly persuade them into at least looking into it.

Comment

dont get me wrong, i think its great to have detailed info on how to do the swap, etc. the SCC write up is actually pretty good. check it out at the below link if you havent. thats what im going to use for reference. once i find my festy i will also be documenting the build and snapping tons of pics/doing a write up. i dont mind hosting it on my website for everyone to see and reference.

Comment

I heard that car is up for sale again in regina. I don't think the guy ever had it safety after it was vandalized. I heard he's a mechanic in regina at the dealership.

there's more pics of it at cwstuning.com. what a cool car, mainly the reason why I got into festiva's.(I cna't lie)
                        93-1.6l
                        f.s.- fms bodykit.

Comment

oooh i just checked out their site. the 99 beetle engine in the older vw looks like a neat one.
                          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I dont think anyone would buy this magazine, kinda like no one buys the fact that Im sober.

Comment

Those guys up on the prairies of Canada really know what they're doing. That's the nicest modified festy I've ever seen.
                              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Working...
                              X