Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with registering

Hi,

I know a guy that is trying to register to the forums but it keeps giving an error. I tried registering him also and go the same error. Can this be fixed quickly?

Thanks

Error:
    Could not insert data into users table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1110 Column 'user_custom_title' specified twice

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_custom_title, user_custom_title, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_autospell, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_show_quickreply, user_quickreply_mode,user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey) VALUES (818, 'tomhoward', 1128692665, '13c7b09d2fd76f6d2c7c7ca4f976966b', 'tdhoward@adelphia.net', '', '', '', '', '', '','','', '', '', 0, 1, 'tdhoward1', 'howard_tom2001', '', 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 1, 1,'english', 1, 0, 1, 1, '')

Line : 4556
    File : usercp_register.php

I repaired it. Have him try again.

Comment

This is, I believe, a problem with one of the mods that we have installed. For some reason, the code was entered twice on several pages and this was one of them that was giving me shit while I was trying to fix it.

I don't know when I'll have time this weekend to REALLY sit down and de-code it, but hopefully next week at work I can take a bit of time to get it working correctly again.

Did he get registered then? The next thing would be to remove that upsercp_register.php file with the backup copy until I have time to fix it.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Ok... I think I traced the problem and corrected it. Have your friend try registering again...

I used a backup that the forum auto-creates, took out the duplication of the posts that I was working on at work and I fixed up some of the coding in the language file.

Basically, with the update that I installed this past week, an "image-verification" system was added to the enrollment process, which weeds out spam-bots from registering and cluttering the forum with their shit.

Every time I tried to enroll, I got errors with not putting the "confirmation code" because it's case sensitive... The text is about as small as it can be, so I bolded it and made it red so that it sticks out... I don't want to go into custom coding to have it be non-case sensitive, so... this should do...

Have your friend try it again and let me know if it doesn't work.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
        X