Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMG tags instead of allowing site for scripted windows??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMG tags instead of allowing site for scripted windows??

Is it just windows 7 or is everyone else having to allow scripted windows EVERY time you post a pic? Obviously once you allow it you can automaticaly post more pics as long as you haven't changed browser windows, etc. I know everyone does things different but I wouldn't mind even just having the "image" button insert [img][/img] and then let me paste my link in between that. I just find it semi annoying to allow the site EVERY time I want to post up a pic. I'm not trying to be childish and don't want childish replies, just stating a fact. The hyperlink one works fine first time no matter what. Just wondering why the image link is different from the URL link...
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

not sure about all that...I just use photobucket and you can add as many photos at once, as you like. If you use photobucket please use 680 x 480 for your size
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

in the quick reply box, the (mountains w/yellow background) image button will bring a yellow drop down that states: "This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scripted windows..." Which I do, but If I could either "allow scripted windows for just this site" in my options, which I haven't found out how to do yet, then I'd do it. It only allows you to "temporarily allow" which is annoying as I trust the site, etc. I just wish it would do like the hyperlink button does and bring up the window and go about my way. I know this is extremely menial but I just figured I'd post it up?? I'll look some more to see if I can't allow access or whatever in my options.
      Walth

Comment

try different browser like google chrome or firefox i was never really fan of IE browser

Comment

yeah, my brother has always been a huge fan of firefox. IE isn't terrible. it works. I may DL ff after sometime soon. thanks for the tip

edit>> did you try it in IE vs. FF or chrome? and if so, did it work?
          Last edited by walth; 03-24-2010, 09:10 PM.
          Walth

Comment

Originally posted by walth View Post
            yeah, my brother has always been a huge fan of firefox. IE isn't terrible. it works. I may DL ff after sometime soon. thanks for the tip

edit>> did you try it in IE vs. FF or chrome? and if so, did it work?
            I use all 3 and have no isues....but I am running xp...maybe it is just 7?

Still....photobucket is the way to go for pics
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I have XP pro with IE8, and mine does the same thing... I will look into it and see what, if anything we can do about it.
              The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
              89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

it must be windows 7. I'll have to try it on my desktop and see if it has any issues there. why is everyone stuck on PB? there really is no difference.

edit: thanks doyler for checking that. i'll let you know if I find out anything as well.
                Walth

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                  not sure about all that...I just use photobucket and you can add as many photos at once, as you like. If you use photobucket please use 680 x 480 for your size
                  I'm curious...what do you mean, "at once"? you can insert several pics all at one time? cuz just a minute ago I went back into my PB account to look for something that looked even remotely like what your post says and I didn't see anything. I know it's convenient when you're in the "In This Album" / home page where it has all your photos lined up and you can scroll over each one and click the direct link and come back here and paste it. but I've never heard of a site doing a "multiple picture copy and paste" function.
                  Walth

Comment

I'm curious...what do you mean, "at once"? you can insert several pics all at one time? cuz just a minute ago I went back into my PB account to look for something that looked even remotely like what your post says and I didn't see anything. I know it's convenient when you're in the "In This Album" / home page where it has all your photos lined up and you can scroll over each one and click the direct link and come back here and paste it. but I've never heard of a site doing a "multiple picture copy and paste" function.
                    yes....click as many links as you want....then on the copy page choose the one that is second from the bottom...copy them and paste them in your message and they will all show up.

Not sure what you meant by , "why is everyone stuck on photobucket". You can only load 2 pics using this site....photo bucket you can load numerous pics at once...unless you meant imageshack or something....I have never used that one.
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!

Comment

interesting...I'm on my desktop just to see if the yellow bar would show up. sure enough did. weird IE crap. I'll try ff or chrome some other time.
                      Walth

Comment

Is it just windows 7 or is everyone else having to allow scripted windows EVERY time you post a pic? Obviously once you allow it you can automaticaly post more pics as long as you haven't changed browser windows, etc. I know everyone does things different but I wouldn't mind even just having the "image" button insert [img][/img] and then let me paste my link in between that. I just find it semi annoying to allow the site EVERY time I want to post up a pic. I'm not trying to be childish and don't want childish replies, just stating a fact. The hyperlink one works fine first time no matter what. Just wondering why the image link is different from the URL link...
                        You may want to try adding FF.com into the "trusted sites" on your computer, and that may cure it.
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

did that before I ever made the thread. I added the site and it made no difference. Then I changed the pop-up settings and it made no difference what "pop-up" level I had. It's different than a pop-up as it's a "scripted window" so adding the site doesn't do anything. but thanks for the suggestion.
                          Walth

Comment

so I guess I could change it easy but I'm like the OP in this thread here and I dont think I'm going to change it. I already added FF to my trusted sites tho so idk why that hasn't changed anything but I'm not opening myself up to scripted windows just so I won't have to click the yellow bar for image posts

Allowing Scripted Windows - posted in Website Feedback Forum Archive: With IE7 when I am posting, whenever I click a button such as "IMG" or "http://" tags I am getting a message on the Internet Explorer Information bar saying "This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scripted windows." I have my security settings at default which is medium-high. I can get rid of the message by checking "A...
                            Walth

Comment

Working...
                            X