Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiling Festiva data

Hello,

Something I'd like to see on this site is a better database of everything we discuss here. Sticky's are great. Sometimes they are plagued by comments. Sometimes there are alternatives for the same topic, like all the different struts that can be used. Another example is wheel/tire/suspension combos. What works and what doesn't? The answers are all in the forum, but can we not compile this info to a single location?

Maybe the forum is not the place to put this info? It would be more like a book on Festiva mods, but online. It should probably take the form of a wiki so that everyone could contribute to the corrections and additions.

These are thoughts to possibly get the ball rolling. Perhaps this has already been discussed and I should just have used the search function!

Thanks,
    Nat
    BP powered 91 Festiva L
    -FMS springs, GR2 struts, Toyo T1R 195/45/14 on Swift GT alloys
    -Trunk mounted gel battery
    -Suzuki Swift GT seats, Grant GT steering wheel, auto-locks
    -Blaupunkt Melbourne deck with Bluetooth, sealed single 12" sub

Well, it's not exactly in the form you are describing, which would be a good idea, BTW. But here's a thread on interchangeable parts. I know there's another one in the Custom Mods section. I'll have to see if I can find that one.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

We need pages like these.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I'll try to put something together whenever I finally get some spare time

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Spare time... what's that?
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Wheel and tire would be nice, but its not quite as black and white as my other car. I think much more of the festiva population is fine with a little bashing cutting and then repaint before owners of other makes. Wheel and tire in a way goes hand in hand with suspension mods because if the wheel/tire hits a perch or rubs somehow there's actually AFFORDABLE alternatives in the suspension to make the combo work, where the SRT-4 its too bad hope you didn't already buy em.
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
              Well, it's not exactly in the form you are describing, which would be a good idea, BTW. But here's a thread on interchangeable parts. I know there's another one in the Custom Mods section. I'll have to see if I can find that one.

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26509
              That's exactly the kind of data I'm talking about. You can see too that many people have additions/corrections in the replies. A wiki would be a great tool here.

Also, there are parts that swap without mods and there are others that swap but don't quite fit, so there is a story to go along with some swap items.

Again, this should be a joint effort hence a wiki (tool that lets anyone edit content on a single page). Most of us have tiny bits of time here and there but not much lengthy free time. We should be able to allow for small edits whenever people have some time.

Perhaps the first step is to find a wiki tool and get it running somewhere, then ff.com can link to it and we can start populating it. I can look around for something like this, or if anyone else has a solution in mind.
              BP powered 91 Festiva L

Comment

http://wiki.e-motz.com any one interested? it looks good but my server isnt good enough to run this software.. i have the know-how to install these types of things, if someone has a server but doesnt know how to install this, or doesnt have time, i can get it running so that all users may input articles as they find time

we also need a decent 135px x 135px PNG formatted logo with a transparent background

it would make the most sense to have the wiki on this site, wiki.fordfestiva.com but thats not my call to make. im more than willing and i have the time, to set this up and (with help) maintain it too, if someone else cant do it
                Last edited by MTec007; 05-18-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

How much bandwidth would we need to host this? How much traffic does ff.com get?

We need input from the site moderators on the wiki idea.
                  Last edited by nattyphysicist; 05-19-2010, 08:27 AM.
                  BP powered 91 Festiva L

Comment

Love the wiki idea. I have lots of stuff to contribute.
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

OK, I set up something here:

festiva.wikispaces.com

Right now editing is completely public. Please add material!
                      BP powered 91 Festiva L

Comment

Working...
                      X