Small updates... maybe a little more modern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small updates... maybe a little more modern

Maybe it's just me getting excited planning my swap, but it seems to me that Festiva's are finally getting a little bit of attention from the auto community.

Because of the increased interest in Festiva's I one would think that this site would be visted more frequently. I think that some parts could be updated to look more modern. Namely the banner at the top of the page. That 3-spoked wheel Fesitva was probably cool back in '95 or whatever, but the image is shrunk and you can tell. The FordFestiva dot Com logo also looks corse and old. I think some clean modern touches would make for a more inviting site!

What do you think?
    '92 Festiva: BP01

that be a good idea... a new banner in color that would also look good in b/w for 'busness cards' and the like... any1 with spare time can mash a few up and post them here then some1 can start a poll to pick the favs...

well it might b a good idea...
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I'll see if I can get someone with more skill than I to make something...

Comment

Ok, I'll chime in here..

It has to have a white background to match the board. The font should be the Festiva font and I couldn't find the original, but I have the closest one I could find. it's Exotic 350 Bold BT.

A little note:

If I had the resources, I would like have ff.com professionally done. Web/PHPBB Design and content. But this would take $$$$$. A pro web design team isn't cheap either. I see companies spend 5k+ on a nicely integrated site easily.

Since we have no dedicated webteam, no real cash to throw at it, a few changes would do little in my opinion. Now if someone were to take the Ford CDs and "redo" them in such a way as to not violate © law or.. maybe secure a release from all parties involved. We could create an online database that could give people the ability to diagnose or cross-reference parts. Not like on the board where it's pretty much trial and error and conflicting info etc. Allot of this info is on the board, but not readily available without searching.

The biggest problem we have is that no one with web skills and time has really stepped up to the plate. I am an on call, working stiff that barely has enough time to check emails and the board and write a few things and that's it. This goes for my Festy's as well.. they should have been done long ago, but time is an asset I really don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by xpnsyd
          The biggest problem we have is that no one with web skills and time has really stepped up to the plate. I am an on call, working stiff that barely has enough time to check emails and the board and write a few things and that's it. This goes for my Festy's as well.. they should have been done long ago, but time is an asset I really don't have.
          I'm a professional web guy actually. If I'm given an idea of the scope of what people want for fordfestiva.com i would be delighted to offer my services.

I don't need your money (although i won't deny it ) just the ability to say, hey look, i designed a popular automotive enthusiast website.

Comment

a few minutes worth of photoshop yielded that. a businesscardable and logo-y version would be plenty easy to make. wooo

Comment

I'm working on some some on other sites... good job, your "R" in FoRd is capialized though!

Comment

^^^ So is the one we have now! But I like this new one, a lot cleaner.

Let Andrew fix up our home page, which should evidence a large pic of the FOTM without having to scroll down. Links and text should be below the pic.

Just my 2 cents
                I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

im also a graphic designer im studying for it right now in school. maybe we should do like some websites do for graphic design and have a competion and see who comes out with the best design.
                  -rev till the valves float grab second and haul ass-

Comment

^^ most aren't interested, but whoever does them, send them my way. I would be glad to see a few different ff.coms as alternatives..

Comment

Working...
                    X