This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW F.I.T Database Version 2!

I have created a new and easier way to be a part of the Festive In Trouble (F.I.T.) Database.

The reason for the change was:

1) The difficulty some users had when adding their information
    2) Improper map coordinates
    3) Easier manageability

If you entered your information in the previous database/thread, you'll have to resubmit it since I am no longer using it. It only takes a minute.

Please use the following link to be a part of the new database.

Once I receive a pretty sizable response, I will use the information to create a Google Map so all the information can be accessible.

Thanks for all your support

If you don't know what the F.I.T. Database, see here:
    This forum contains announcements and helpful information. Post any site or forum problems here!
    Last edited by spiko; 03-27-2011, 09:09 PM.

Wow, already 4 people registered!

Please give me feedback on how I can improve anything.

Comment

I think it should be mentioned, it's not a spread sheet at all any more.

There are just a few boxes to fill in. Name Username City State etc...

It's easy!
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

added
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
          I think it should be mentioned, it's not a spread sheet at all any more.

There are just a few boxes to fill in. Name Username City State etc...

It's easy!
          Yes, it's very easy now to enter in the information.

The frontend is a simple website form that you enter data into. One the backend (what you don't see) is the data is entered into a spreadsheet. It makes it very easy to manage.

Comment

Great response already! We have about 15 people from the US, Canada, and Russia!

Here is the map version as promised. Once 15 more people get added, I'll update the map

Make a pin map from a list of multiple locations, use addresses, postcodes, or coordinates. Free hosting for your own interactive map locator.

Comment

done and done;
              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
              82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Added myself. But accidently hit enter before I was done filling in all the boxes, so I went back and finished the boxes, then I noticed I'm on there twice now.. haha if there's anyway my first one could be deleted. that'd be awesome.
                -Josh R

Comment

Strange... It shows mine phone number as -1100, but that's not what I filled...

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                    Added myself. But accidently hit enter before I was done filling in all the boxes, so I went back and finished the boxes, then I noticed I'm on there twice now.. haha if there's anyway my first one could be deleted. that'd be awesome.
                    I deleted the incomplete entry. It won't show up correctly until I update the map with the new data.

Comment

Originally posted by kjchernov View Post
                      Strange... It shows mine phone number as -1100, but that's not what I filled...
                      I'll look into this when I update the map probably this weekend.

Comment

Added to Database

New here.
                        I have been on the Yahoo Festiva forum for several years, but just became active on this one recently. (I met neanderpaul at Festiva Madness last October in Raleigh, and he said this forum had a lot more activity and that I should join.)
                        I had sent an email to the owner of this site just a few days ago asking if a tool such as this existed on the site. Lo-and-behold my question was answered by spiko I added myself using the link, or must I sign on to Google before it will be entered?

My wife and I are planning a trip in her yellow 1990 Festiva beginning the last week in April. We will be traveling from Charleston to Louisville KY, Madison WI, St. Cloud MN, Fargo ND, Omaha and Lincoln NE, Kansas City MO, Saint Louis MO back to Louisville KY and then back To Charleston SC. (And other points along the way if we take a notion.) Don't expect to be a F.I.T but this tool could really come in handy in a pinch.

In the database I noted that I had parts...nothing big. Misc stuff like
                        Master Cylinder, Starter, Alternator, intake and exhaust manifold, injectors, a few bearings seals and gaskets, used brake cylinders, valve covers, clutch cable, instrument panel (no tach), head parts (standard cam), lots of bolts and nuts, exhaust down pipe, a few trim parts, etc.
                        I did not check repairs, but I could help out in a pinch (only worked on standard festivas..not modified ones.).

Thanks spiko for adding this string.

Jess (1990new)

Comment

Soooo cool...

Comment

I'm glad everyone finds this useful!

The list is growing

Comment

much better than the first database as far as simplicity!

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
                              1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
                              R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
                              00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
                              03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
                              pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
                              Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
                              Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Working...
                              X