Former user, user name forgotten.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former user, user name forgotten.

I've been trying to find a friend's old account on here, but any guess he makes at what his username was isn't on here. Is there any way of searching for users, maybe based on location. I suppose I could just get him to make a new account, but I'd like to find his old profile.

On the login screen type in anything and send so you get the error. Then type in the email address he used to sign up and it should send the name and password reset request to the email
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

and you can always search the members list through your account.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Clever getnpsi! I have been searching the user list for anything resembling what he may have used, with no luck.

Comment

NP. been there done that. I used to have ford type names on other boards and more recently used getnpsi on boards when I aquired more turbocharged non-ford vehicles.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Well I tried it with his e-mail. No go. I'm thinking he never really did become a member here. He must have just browsed around. He remembers seeing DJ's cars. Whatever the case, I'm getting on his case about signing up here.

Comment

I think every now and then the admins clear old and inactive usernames, or his account could have simply been lost when the board change to the new format (just like DJ's account did)

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

ahhhh There's a distinct possibility. When did it switch over?

Comment

Well it was after Dj passed away and that happened in April 07' so I think it was a year or two after that, can't remember for sure though lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

We typically don't clear accounts for people. Since we require people to register to SEE the posts, a lot of people actually NEVER post and simply lurk around.

I think I remember clearing out users who haven't logged onto the site in the last 2 years who also had zero posts... That to me said they were no longer lurkers...

If you shoot me a PM with the email address that he signed up with, I could search the database for it... But I'd get the same results you did by using the "forgot password" feature with his email.

I'd guess he either got wiped in the move over here or in the "inactive for X years + 0 posts"... I think we did that user cleanup about a year ago or so? Doesn't happen very often, but we were crunched for space at the time and looking for anything to get rid of to help.

Hope that helps.
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

That answers it for me well enough. He may have been a lurker. Thanks guys. I'll get him on here.

Comment

Working...
                      X