No announcement yet.

Too Much Separation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I seem to be on my own here so I'll shut up now.

The "View posts since last visit" is a great feature I didn't know about so I'll try to use that more often.

Thanks for your consideration,
    dan

Comment

I posted a reply that apparently got lost in cyberspace. Basically, just said I like this organization. My favorite Corvair forum is just a single free for all kinda deal, and after a weekend of not checking, I have to go through 2-3 PAGES of stuff to get through all the new content. Usually, on Monday mornings, I just skip it all - not much help, I guess.
      jeff

Comment

Adapt and overcome :lol:
        This my home and I have said it before
        I appreciate everything that this board and DJ. the Owner offers and we are like a family here .
        We do try to respond to everybodys needs, I think if you use those options you will like it more .
        I don't know why anyone would want to search thru 2-3 pages of garbage to find a reply to their specific post
        I used to belong to 9 groups ,now I have 1 ,this one .ask my wife, wait don't do that :roll:
        Thats my story and I am sticking to it :lol:
        ------------------------------------------------
        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I think this forum is setup just right.. not to many and not to few. Look at ford-trucks.com and to me that is to much. I hate to say feoa.net might be little better than ff.com but they did a pretty good job putting it together.. not saying that this one isn't so don't take it wrong. I'd like to see a couple more sections added such as tools/garage, the for sale and wanted section separate, maybe a introduction section for newbies.. even though that will never happen I won't complain.. dj and the rest of the mods, except maybe packrat , do a excellent job so if they like it the way it is then so do I.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

quote: General Discussion, Repair Help, Drivetrain and Wheels & Brakes should be combined into a single, more general "Tech" type area.

did you miss the word "custom"????

I am not going to sift through the "modified" questions that i am not familiar with to get to the problems people have with their stock Festivas and Aspires.

my experience comes from being in the automotive trade, from the service department and the parts counter at two Ford dealerships and working in a independent Body Shop for ten years.

and constantly owning a Festiva since 1992, at the moment i own three, a 1990 L-Plus with some light modifications and the Aspire brake swap, 1991 Festiva GL auto w/ a/c and a 1992 GL currently being parted out.

If you have any more questions about my "qualifications" you can always - e-mail, private message or even IM me at mechanicaldj@yahoo!

END RANT

Comment

Bah I don't believe you.. prove it
              91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

quick!

move this post to the ARENA!!!!!!

i got a 2 x 4 , with ericsmith's name on it!

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicaldj
                  quick!

move this post to the ARENA!!!!!!

i got a 2 x 4 , with ericsmith's name on it!
                  Really what kind of truck you giving me?
                  91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

I have to disagree with you too, Dan!

I like this place as it is. Minor improvements are made now and then, whether I like them or not.

I can't complain at all.

Thanks to DJ and all the helpful mods!

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

All that being said, there's nothing wrong with offering suggestions and such. Dan, I think you went about it the right way. Thanks. That's what can make the board even better.
                      jeff

Comment

^^Yeah.. agreed. Even though I was a bit ..err well defensive.. you did it the right way.. keep suggestions coming.. that's how all the changes that we have done in the last few months came about as well..

Comment

I would like to see the for sale forum split up like it is on here.

That way the cars don't get pushed down to the bottom as quickly.
                          The Festiva Store
                          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

dude we are nowhere close to needing that like they do.. hell they had almost 400 users online currently with 36,000 members.. the most I would consider would be to separate the fs from the wtb, but really IMHO, there aren't that many people selling stuff to warrant it.

Comment

Ya, you're right, but that setup works perfectly for them. I don't think it could work for us because we don't get egnough traffic. But none the less, I like it alot.
                              The Festiva Store
                              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

This forum works good for me as is. Usually as soon as I get used to something it changed around and I'm lost for a bit. Oh and all this time I thought a NA swap meant "swap no longer available" hmmm (kidding)

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X