Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats going on? lots of new people or a hacker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats going on? lots of new people or a hacker?

in the "who's online" thing there is like 20 people "Registering" all with in like 10 min of each other...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

somebody decide to make twenty bots, have them create accounts in attempt to spam the heck out of us innocent folk in hopes that they can steal all of our festiva information to build the FESTIVIOUS MAXIMUS to finally bring Optimus Prime to hes knees allowing decepticons to rule planet EARTH. muahaha muahaha MUAHAHAHA! >EVIL FACE<

Comment

They might be attempting to register... But the changes we've made to that process make it a little harder for them to get through.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Why would anyone even want to do this? Expecially on something so innocuous as a Festiva forum.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

It comes up as a VB forum, which bots automatically try and register for so they can post their spam messages.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Yeah, something smells like crap, that's for sure. At this moment, there are 23 guests, all modifying their passwords.:angry5:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

^^^ Might have been a festy gathering, and all the people there got memory erased by an accidental misfire of the memory eraser on the nearby set where they are filming MIB3... so they all had to reset their password because they couldn't log on...

... what? it could happen lol
              Last edited by htchbck; 08-03-2011, 02:22 PM.
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Most of them have the same (or super similar) IP address too... We'll fix them up.
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Looks like we have 28 more coming lamee
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                    Looks like we have 28 more coming lamee
                    they actually never make to the point of being a member. They are just out in limbo.
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Since Simon fixed some issues regarding this a few months ago there haven't been hardly any spammers registering. We only get a fraction of the new users to approve as we used to.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Three cheers for Simon! Hip hip.... Oh wait...

Apparently the IP address of the majority of these guests is coming from Japan... And is a web crawler, search engine spider type deal. Still... I'll just ban the whole slew of IP's that match them so that we're not seeing them there.
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Yayyyy Simon!!
                          Amazing Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post

Apparently the IP address of the majority of these guests is coming from Japan... And is a web crawler, search engine spider type deal. Still... I'll just ban the whole slew of IP's that match them so that we're not seeing them there.
                            Return fire.
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post

Curse those sneaky Japs and their web crawling spiders!!!!!
                              :hiding:
                              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
                              X