Why not enable post editing?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not enable post editing?...

Should we enable post editing? This would allow improving your post to address feedback/questions - some threads would became much more readable...
    rusEfi - DIY ECU
    93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

You have about 15 to 20 mins to edit your post.
    This was enacted some time ago to keep people from changing their posts during heated "discussions".
    If you require your post to be edited after that interval, please contact a admin or mod to have the changes made.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

It was changed because at one time there was some bickering going on, the person who started the issue would go back and edit their post and say "it wasn't me" so by not allowing posts to be edited after 30 mins, helps to moderate the site

EDIT: John beat me to it lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I mean I see the point, but if this is about a small number of... not perfect members, is it really worth the downside of not being able to make your post more useful?

Anyway, will try contact a mod & see how this goes.
        rusEfi - DIY ECU
        93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

Most people seem to be able to edit their posts in the time allotted.

Yes, it was a small number but it solved a big problem, so it has remained in effect.
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

A way to point out the specific post to get modified (when pm'ing a mod/admin) if you click on the post number in the upper right corner of each post, it'll display just the single post on a new page which you can then copy/paste the link to send to a mod/admin to be more specific to the post in question

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

You should at least be able to edit your original post when starting a new thread. Would be nice to be able to edit all my posts as sometimes I catch grammar/spelling errors that I'd like to fix.
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                You should at least be able to edit your original post when starting a new thread. Would be nice to be able to edit all my posts as sometimes I catch grammar/spelling errors that I'd like to fix.
                You have 30 mins to edit your own post from the time it gets posted

Comment

I know this...but sometimes also with Threads you've started you might want to keep the most current info in the first thread so people don't have to go digging.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                    I know this...but sometimes also with Threads you've started you might want to keep the most current info in the first thread so people don't have to go digging.
                    Which would be when you notify a mod.
                    Mike Holmgren
                    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                    1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
                    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
                      Which would be when you notify a mod.

OK, someone understands!
                      Thank you!
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I use that 30 mins of free editing time quite often. Lol. Mostly to fix typos or I may double check a fact that I've posted or I use it to add photos when I'm on my phone (can only have 1 window at a time). It is nice, and I've had a couple of times where I went back to edit and was out of time, but it's not often and it was never anything that really mattered. I think the site operates very smoothly and is moderated well. Thanks guys!
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

The only section that editing posts should be enables is in the FS section so sellers
                          Can edit their original post and mark items as sold. Instead of pm'ing the person for a part that was sold 2 weeks ago but the buyer really only should have to look at the first post to see what's still available. Or for price drops.
                          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Owned by the double post!
                            Last edited by M3NTAL; 08-01-2012, 10:29 PM.
                            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

His thread for example has a ton of parts for sale and the seller keeps pics of sold parts up because he cannot edit his post. Granted he might not or might have posted to update his listing but chances are he got several PMs on a part that has been sold.
                              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
                              X