No announcement yet.

We're live on the new server!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview Post is still there, but you need to be in the full reply mode (ie. not a quick reply)... As far as the server time. Mine is showing EDT -4, which is spot on with my clock in the corner.

And yes - it should be faster. We've moved to newer and faster hardware on the backend.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
      Preview Post is still there, but you need to be in the full reply mode (ie. not a quick reply)... As far as the server time. Mine is showing EDT -4, which is spot on with my clock in the corner.

And yes - it should be faster. We've moved to newer and faster hardware on the backend.

I change my time setting to GMT -5 and that fixed it.
      Although technically EDT is supposed to be UCT -4 and
      EST is supposed to be UCT -5.
      My PC clock in the corner is currently showing 8:12PM as I post this. My forum post time is showing 8:08 PM. Thats before I edited this message to add this comment.
      Thanks
      Last edited by 1990new; 10-21-2012, 07:15 PM. Reason: Add additional information.

Comment

Not gonna lie, and don't take it the wrong way, but I'm not sure I like the layout. Avatar/info section is too wide and I've never been a fan of this type of layout, probably why I don't get on cp.com much. I'll get used to it though. Nice work on the transfer, wasn't much downtime at all!
        Last edited by zoom zoom; 10-21-2012, 07:27 PM.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Re: We're live on the new server!

Looks great team! Thanks for all the hatd work. Would love to have a small sticker or two of the new logo.

The only glitch I've noticed is with Tapatalk. When I go to the 'participated' tab the most recent post is from 2010. All the others are older and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which posts are listed.

Sent from somewhere west of here!
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

NOW i can't hit 1000 posts. lol no big deal i like the new server, and recent friends activity feature.
            ;
            www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
            rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
            '92 Festiva L M/T
            '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

I've replicated the Tapatalk issue as well. Odd. I've got a thread on their forums to see if they can look. I found a thread that talked about the same issue back in April, but they said it was resolved in one of the newer releases.

As far as layout, etc... we've got the ability to change all of that... And I agree. The blank space on the side of the userinfo in posts does look odd. I'll see what we can do to tweak that.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I really liked the feature to see new post on the old site, is there a way to see the new post on this version?

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                  Looks great my only concern is the thread titles etc are in "Baby Blue" and its very hard for my 50 year old eyes to read them. The almost look translucent. Otherwise thanks for your hard work!
                  I've changed the link color to black, is that better?
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                    I really liked the feature to see new post on the old site, is there a way to see the new post on this version?
                    Under the top toolbar (Home/Forum/Chat), when you're in the forum itself, the first option says "New Posts"... Is that not it?
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I was still finding my way around the old Forum, now I've got to start over.
                      Jack Byrd,
                      1991 Capri
                      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                      1970 Chev C10
                      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

i like the new site. looks good to me.
                        Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
                        1989 festiva lx (mine again)
                        1980 triumph tr7 convertible (project)
                        1976 tr7 hardtop (parts car)
                        1989 dodge caravan turbo
                        1975 amc gremlin 4x4 (play toy)

Comment

It's nice, really! A few new things to play with, really starting to dig it. Any chance you could link iTrader on the main bar at the top?
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                            Looks great team! Thanks for all the hatd work. Would love to have a small sticker or two of the new logo.
                            Me too. I've got a company that I work with looking into getting them cut, along with some regular FF.com stickers as well for those who donated to make this upgrade/change possible.
                            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Well this is my first time lookin at the new server. Def gonna need to get used to it, but I'm sure its better!
                              -Josh R

Comment

Re: We're live on the new server!

All I can ever see is the unformatted site, and 404 errors.
                                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X