search not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search not working properly

I tried searching "intercooler" to locate pictures of routing, anyways it was only binging up post from 2005-2006 had only 3 pages with no recent post. it was arranged from oldest to newest i think.

I tried it...had 3 pages and went from 2005 to 2012...one of them being your post

I see no issue
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Were you searching within a specific forum or you did a site-wide search? Searching from the top toolbar on the forum homepage netted 3 full pages (as GD) said. Searching within General Discussion gave me 1 page of results.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I'm having the same problem.. trying to search 'ball joint', and I get two results from 2012, then ONLY 2005 results after those. 2 pages instead of what I'd expect to be 10-20.. I searched this a few days ago and forgot to print out a how-to, and I can't find the 2008-ish one that came up (as it isn't showing anything that 'new').

Please fix asap. :p
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I rebuilt the search database (thus the downtime)...

When I search ball joint from the search box in the corner of the forum, I get 16 pages of results. This does not include THIS post.
          If I search advanced and select search single content type, then search for ball joint, I get 17 pages of results, including this post.
          If I search advanced and leave it to multiple content type, I get 16 pages and the results are all mixed up (ie. 2010, to 2005, to 2012, etc).

I'll chat with VB about these issues and see what they think.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Actually - After testing as my testuser account, it seems like it may be fine. The advanced search with multiple content type selected, it defaults to "relevance" instead of by date.

Let me know if you guys are still having issues.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

hahahaha....they have issues ok....
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I think this has been resolved with rebuilding the search database. It also seems to have resolved the Tapatalk issues we were having.
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                X