Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Sandy

To all those who will feel the impact of Hurricane Sandy -

Please be safe over the next several days of uncertainty. I hope that everyone has prepared accordingly and that we can ride out without too much damage. If you are impacted and in need of assistance, please feel free to use the forums to post those needs. Our members are some of the best on the internet.

The server that we're running on now is currently living in MI. They have redundant power providers, internet providers, battery backups, and the ability to create their own power. With that - FordFestiva.com should stay up and running for everyone who is able to access the internet.

Stay safe!
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Well in ct right now winds are 60 mph an the rain is crazy.

There is 270,000 people are out of power I'm not one of them as of yet

Festys garaged an I tried to park the aspire in the safest parkin spot possible
    Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
    Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
    AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

I refused to do my 400-mile courier route because of it and got fired. Their policy on inclement weather has been revealed!

Comment

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Power was out here for about an hour, but was restored... They're saying it will get worse in the next few hours, so we'll hope for the best.

Sorry to hear about your job... You may be better off without it, based on how they just treated you.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Hurricane Sandy

I think all I'm supposed to see is higher winds and rain, not much to worry about

But I can say I'm glad to have made my VA trip when I did and missed the storm :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I saw a picture online today, scariest thing ive ever seen.

Comment

I live about 60 miles west of Sea Isle City, where Sandy made landfall. It's windy and rainy but haven't lost power yet. I can say that I have been watching the local news, and the New Jersey Coast has been hit with 10 to 15' waves flooding all of the Jersey Shore. Most of the power lost in NJ has been from that area. Most of the Island along the Jersey Coast is only about 5 feet above sea level.So those 10 to 15' waves have put these towns under water. There is a high tide coming around 8PM, and with the full moon and the wind and rain, the water on these Islands will get even deeper. I hope that people living in these areas took the Governors advice and left before the storm it.

Comment

right in the middler of it, center will pass may be 5 or 10 miles up the road. didnt work today and im sure the plant will be down tomorrow. no wind damage and minor flooding. the pool had to be pump down, must have gained 6-8 inches. had to put septic tank in manual and pump it out to the drain feild several times

so im just gonna sit back, drink some jack and coke and watch some old movies
                money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Be safe everyone! You will be in my prayers for safety.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

NovaSS, Not sure what part of Delaware your located but, Northern Delaware looks like they maybe getting a lot of rain soon from the counter clock-wise flow from Sandy.

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                      I saw a picture online today, scariest thing ive ever seen.
                      Careful...a lot of those photos getting passed around online are fakes.
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

my wife is a paramedic in Cecil Co, MD. She's currently on duty, overnight, in Elkton. Sandy is headed straight for her...I'm not thrilled.
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                          Careful...a lot of those photos getting passed around online are fakes.
                          very true. That's why I verified this one;
                          Attached Files
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

^^hahahaha
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                              very true. That's why I verified this one;
                              Doomsday for sure!!
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                              X