Festiva of The Month Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva of The Month Club

How do I get my Festiva nominated for car of the month? It's a 1989 Festiva LX. I have Ford Focus spindles up front Miata spindles in the rear, 626 sedan coil springs up front, Miata springs in the rear, KYB GR-2 struts all the way around B6 engine bored .040 over with custom pistons and rods, headwork is ported and polished with oversized valves and honeycomb springs, Honda civic short throw shifter, powder coated 13" rims with 165/60/13 tires, 20% tint on the front windows and 5% tint on the back three, Pioneer stereo 55 x4 with a 1300 watt Phoenix amp Bose 4" speakers up front and 5 1/4" in the doors with Pioneer 6 x 9 speakers in back mounted in factory slots and 2 10" Punch subs. My car came with the smoothie taillights and I have recently painted it Fleet Electric Blue Metal flake with carbon stripes on top and oh yeah the sway has been upgraded
    Last edited by Kbaker2012; 07-16-2013, 07:57 PM. Reason: additonal pics

Did we talk on the phone yesterday? You were looking for a cargo cover, spoiler, and something else.

Not sure what is up with the Festiva of the Month thing. Seems like we haven't done it in awhile. I know there for a good bit Damkid...the moderator of this forum was very busy and couldn't keep up with it...not sure what's going to happen now.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

More info, please.

Miata spindles in the rear? Have pics of that?

EDIT: Also, IIRC you'd have 4x108 in front and 4x100 in the rear. Why'd you want that?
      Last edited by sketchman; 07-16-2013, 07:58 PM.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Last I saw FestyBoy was taking over that IIRC, but I could be wrong.
        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
        Projects in the works:
        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

yes that was me and I get 47 MPG

Comment

Originally posted by Kbaker2012 View Post
            I have Ford Focus spindles up front Miata spindles in the rear, 626 sedan coil springs up front...
            Pics and details please
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Focus spindles up front, we need more info.
              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

^^Yes, yes, and why do you want 2 different bolt patterns? 4x108 is even worse than 4x114.3 for finding wheels, and having a different pattern in back too. Sounds like a nightmare.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

the Miata spindles allow for larger tires and can put the other struts and springs on

Comment

Are you talking about putting the Miata struts and springs on a Festiva? Unless I'm forgetting something, the spindles don't have much to do with mounting the struts and springs.

Comment

Nicely done Festy!
                      Looks like you did the B6 swap and kept all the stock components? Stock carb and manifold too?
                      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

went back to the stock spindles and now I have tire rub looking to see if 626 rear springs would help that

Comment

Working...
                        X