Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I have to log in every time I use this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I have to log in every time I use this site?

Help.

Originally posted by denguy View Post
    Help.
    LH lower corner of log in box ther is a small box that says "Remember Me". Select that box and it wont ask you for a log in anymore.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Make sure your browser accepts cookies too (google machine answers cookie questions for any browser).

If you're on a work computer, it might not.. that or it could wipe itself every night
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Dang, is it Caps Lock Thursday again already? Where does the week go? :mrgreen:
        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

If you save it as a favorite make sure you're already logged in before you make it a favorite

Comment

The "Remember Me" only remembers your User Name, you still have to enter your PW, & log in. At least I do
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Wonder if it's browser related? Mine remembers both and always logs me straight in. Could be a Windows password thing too.

You could try clearing cookies and then logging in fresh and selecting the "Remember Me" option and then check "Yes" when asked if you want Windows or your browser to save your password.

If that doesn't work try looking at settings for cookies and/or the security level you have set for your browser.
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

I'm perpetually logged in as well, though I'm often not at the keyboard. Never asks me for a password unless I actually log out.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

If you just close the browser without logging off, then you will automatically log in the next time you go to FF.com

Your browser has to accept cookies and has to be set to remember passwords for this to work.

Sent from my SPH-M930
                  Last edited by JPT; 08-08-2013, 04:26 PM.
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                    The "Remember Me" only remembers your User Name, you still have to enter your PW, & log in. At least I do
                    Not me, as long as I only close the "Browser".I will not be asked to enter anything.But if I "Log out" or clear my "Cookies" then I will have to follow "Log In" protocol.
                    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Hehe. I just installed the latest version of my favorite linux distro, moved all my files over to the new partition, and started up Firefox. I'm still logged in. Something's definitely wrong if you're having to log in over and over again after you've selected "remember me".

Oh, and I've set Firefox to not remember passwords.
                      Last edited by sketchman; 08-09-2013, 09:39 AM.
                      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

It could be his anti virus software.

My Norton sees cookies as a sort of information tracking.
                        And as it does its auto scans
                        it sees them as a security threat
                        and automaticlly removes them.

So sometimes if I take too long to formulate a post.
                        It's scans remove the cookies and when I go to post the post
                        I have to log in over again.

This could be what's happening to you.
                        Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

^Yep so does my AVG!!
                          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I use Chrome across 4 different computers (laptop Mac & virtual Windows 8.1), work PC, Windows 8 tablet, and Galaxy S4 phone... and each and every one of them prompts me to login each time, even though I've set it to automatically login, remember my password, etc.

It's just something quirky. But it's not across the board, as clearly other users aren't having the same issue.

I'd suggest the normal "wipe cookies and cache" type response. Perhaps trying another browser to see if you get different results? Let me know. I can search the VB forums to see what they suggest in the interim.
                            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I use chrome when on the comp. I have no issues....never have to re-logon.
                              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              There ain't no rest for the wicked
                              until we close our eyes for good.
                              I will sleep when I die!
                              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                              X