Forum Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Upgrade

We just upgraded to VB 4.2.2 which included a number of bug fixes and enhancements. Please report any bugs here.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Will the upgrade actually work with push notifications with tapatalk though?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Tapatalk is a plugin of the board, so we rely on them to fix those issues.

My understanding with them is that the push notifications are only working on Apple currently, but we're on one of the newest releases, so... it's more a waiting game on them.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I still wonder why when i get a new pm it shows a little open envelope but after i read it its all sealed is it supposed to be like that?
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

I have an iPhone and push doesn't work with ff.com... But cp.com it works fine on my phone so I'm sure it's not an issue on my end lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

After upgrading to iOS7, push notifications started working.. They worked too well actually, it was kind of annoying. I configured them and edited my subscribed threads, but it worked none the less.

Thanks for your hard work Simon
            -Zack
            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
              I still wonder why when i get a new pm it shows a little open envelope but after i read it its all sealed is it supposed to be like that?
              Those are default VB settings, as far as I know. I just confirmed the same on mine. It is a little weird, but... maybe there is a reason for it. A quick Google of the issue didn't bring anything back.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                I have an iPhone and push doesn't work with ff.com... But cp.com it works fine on my phone so I'm sure it's not an issue on my end lol
                Looks like we were a few revisions back on Tapatalk (4.5.0 vs 4.7.2). I just completed the upgrade to the newest version. Push notifications settings are correct and reporting as working, at least as far as the places Tapatalk says to check.

Are you on the newest version of Tapatalk on the iPhone? I know I was having some issues with the newest version never seeming to load the forum properly when I was trying it... that may have been related to being 2 full releases out of date though.
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Seems that Tapatalk has resolved the issue with push notifications for Android devices. You need to be on the latest version of their program (which means re-buying it, as ridiculous as that sounds).
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I keep having to log in every time I check the forum, I don't use tapatalk but I have an i5 w/ ios7. It wasn't doing this until yesterday not sure if it's something on my end or yours tbh.
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

iOS 7 introduced something in the safari web browser that allows websites to request passwords not be saved. There is a 'save anyways' options under settings.
                      -Zack
                      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Issue resolved, I was in private browsing mode. Guess I shouldn't let my kids play with my phone.
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                          I keep having to log in every time I check the forum, I don't use tapatalk but I have an i5 w/ ios7. It wasn't doing this until yesterday not sure if it's something on my end or yours tbh.
                          There were issues with that prior to the upgrade... Mine did it almost every time I logged in on my laptop, desktop, tablet, and/or phone (all using Chrome), but it's not doing it now. I'm not up as much on iOS anymore, is there a clear cache option in your browser?
                          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                          X