Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to access one of my earliest, definitely greatest threads???!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to access one of my earliest, definitely greatest threads???!!!

I was looking in my "latest threads" and found those only go back to sometime during the summer of 2006-after my thread, titled something like "my great sticker idea; Somnambulance for safety..."

definitely my opus at FordFestiva.com with something like 1600 views.

I'm sending an email to someone, and wanted to give them a link; to be able to read that thread if they liked; and now can't find the darned thing?

Is the thread lost now; which would be tragic, to me at least?
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Answered my own question; by doing a search for "Somnambulance" which makes me wonder why the "latest threads" doesn't include my earliest posts?[http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...=Somnambulance

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

what gives?

Okay folks, this is definitely strange.

My earliest thread according to the search engine, is one started 06-24-2006; while "my great sticker idea...'SOMNAMBULANCE' for safety" was begun 06-26-2006, which does not show up in the search?

I've had problems finding this thread before, and would like anyone looking around in what I've posted, to be able to see this; rather than something secreted away.

I'm feeling violated, big time; in other words. What gives?
      Last edited by bobstad; 12-05-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

It shows up by the last post date in that thread, which was 3/11/12 (or something close to that)... Search by threads started by you and it'll be there, page 3... a handful from the top.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

"weirdest, most amusing..."

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
          It shows up by the last post date in that thread, which was 3/11/12 (or something close to that)... Search by threads started by you and it'll be there, page 3... a handful from the top.
          Wow; sorry to be such a drama queen, my "paranoiac" act gets the best of me at times. That thread sure is a strange and wild one.

I've tried to copy the thing, to have a version in my computer files; but, have found difficult doing so?

I guess I could make a web archive of each page, then make copies of those somehow; to ultimately be a contiguous document eventually a paper one, which could be photo-copied?

The contributions of the rest of those posting, of course greatly moved my dialogue along; so really an unique sort of creative endeavor, like me vs. the tag-team gang of everyone else a little, at times.

"Weirdest, most amusing" thread one person said, they'd ever seen at FordFestiva.com.

Thanks Simon, for clarification; of what has a few times now, baffled me. From here on in, at least for the next few weeks or months; I'll be able to recall what's going on. After that, well; probably?
          Last edited by bobstad; 12-06-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

:banghead:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Hitler's revenge...why me?!!!

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              :banghead:
              looks like someone else too, has had a Type III VW?

I dream about that car, even more than the Festiva...

I used to read things in the Haynes Type III manual; obviously making fun of me...though I did succeed at what they'd claimed impossible, except for a double-jointed orangutang.

I've never noticed the few other Haynes manuals I've seen and/or used, obviously into taunting the user...

The adventure began when choosing between the attractive '66 faded factory "Desert Sand" VW square-back sedan for $800, and a repainted '68 Volvo wagon I call "hydro-electric power plant blue" for $1100; when I'd figured The Idiot's Guide to the Volkswagen, would be my bible for occasional fixits and thereby keep me out of trouble.

Learning the hard way, why called "The Idiot's Guide" of course...overhauling the motor four times, and one trans-axle swap during the night-taking a couple nights on the Oly waterfront, when 104 F during that early August of '94, far too hot to work days; on the road and homeless. With a tiny kerosene lamp and flashlight in my mouth; banging my head innumerable times, inside the car's bodywork surrounding the engine.

During the dozen years & 100,000 miles, we were together from '82-'94.
              Last edited by bobstad; 12-06-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Install something like a CutePDF utility to your PC. Then print the thread, pick that as your "printer" and it'll save it as a PDF, which you can refer to as needed. I consider this resolved.
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                X