tallying, or rallying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tallying, or rallying?

This is probably a minor point, if worth any discussion at all; though on second take I'd doubt the theory, simply to be contrary.

I've just noticed the tally of the number of a person's posts changes to update that, wherever one has posted; so that my very first post at the site is going to say I've posted what is now my current total.

This is probably due to some sort of technical facet of the website, rather than a reasoned choice by anyone; so seems a shame, to be unable to know at any given point in time now, what the total number of posts a person had when making a particular post in the past.

I also noticed in making an off-topic forum thread, celebrating my 2,000 post after just prior posting 1999 times; that my new total is only 1100? That is what got me to thinking, as an impetus to starting this thread; which is a facet of the site that makes impossible any confirmation I'm not mistaken now in thinking I've made two thousand posts, or as this should register-now 2001.

What a chore, now that I think; to have to count them all up, myself: Though perhaps I could simply count up the pages of posts recorded, if they all have the same number each?

Well, at the end; all we have is our vanity, is reasonably certain. Moses was at one point, only a simple phallic reference of a culture-about seven thousand years ago; though I guess we all get the point: Some, only on occasion; however. Zeus, originated the same way; so watch those patios inflections for permutations folks, if you feel the need to try to keep things straight-as Jehovah is another, too.

No wonder some things have been thought better left unsaid; no, and who is best at that?
    Last edited by bobstad; 04-01-2014, 10:49 AM.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...
Working...
X