Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching forum threads on google and sharing links.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching forum threads on google and sharing links.

Like many others I get peeved about the search function on here. It works, but is terribly inefficient. I search the other forums I'm on through google...
    "what I want to read about" site:"whateversite.com" and I get lots of relavent results. I don't know why I cant perform the same function here or even share links from here to non members. My uncle is a Festiva guy and he won't bother joining, so he can't see any of the pertinent stuff I've tried to send him.

If we did not make it so that you had to join to see posts, the site would be over run with spambots and such.....been there,,,,,don't want to go back.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Be sure to use double quotes around a phrase you are searching for. That way the search words will be together.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 08-23-2014, 12:00 AM.

Comment

I agree about the search function is limited ...very limited! I believe it is the forum host site, vBulletin, is the reason the search function is, like it is.

It cost money to have this site (ff.com) up and running (and it also needs donations from us to keep this great site alive)

It may be possible to have a better search function, but it would probably cost more!

Using quotations, like brave has suggested works wonders, but also keep in mind that the search does not recognize words with 3 letters or less

Example: Typing in BP, will get you nothing. Typing in BP swap, will only get you the word, swap
        Last edited by drddan; 08-23-2014, 12:32 AM.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

HTC ...why wont your uncle join!? If he is a Festy guy, he should join and he could see all the great stuff here. Then you would be able to send him stuff and he could see some for himself too.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
            HTC ...why wont your uncle join!? If he is a Festy guy, he should join and he could see all the great stuff here. Then you would be able to send him stuff and he could see some for himself too.
            He's a geezer. I give him crap all the time...

Yeah, I guess it never registered what it takes to have and maintain a site like this. I guess really it was me getting frustrated trying to research BPT's, and between that and the Capri brake swap I wasn't getting far.

Props to the mods and all you guys that make this place possible. Thank You.

Comment

Working...
            X