Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It would be nice if old "Meets and Events" would get removed when they were over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be nice if old "Meets and Events" would get removed when they were over.

It would be nice if postings in "Meets and Events" would get removed when they were over.
    It would save us new folks the trouble of going through one after the other searching for something that has not already happened.

IMHO, of course ;-), Karl

not a bad Idea^

Comment

A lot of those threads hold the pictures of the meet.
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Personally I read the dates..... it helps a lot to know if the meet has passed yet or not

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

With all these thread revivers you have to read dates.
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

True

But if it's an old maintenance problem thread or possible swap thread, dates in general aren't THAT important..... But if it's a meet you're looking up, a date has a bit more value to it and might be worth looking for

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Perhaps have a policy that meet threads are locked one month after it's held. That would allow time for people to post photos.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Besides signifying that a meet has been held, I can't see any reason to lock all the old meet threads, someone may one day see the pics and wish to post about them, I'm not taking that away from the community

If people can't read the thread to find out more info about the meet.... Like the date it's supposed to happen..... Then that sounds like the real problem to me and not the fact that the threads are left unlocked

Comment

Maybe a separate sub forum for past festiva meets? After the meet has happened, the thread can be moved into the "Past Festiva Meets" forum. People can still chat about the meets and it would be separate from the planning of new ones.
                  The Festiva Store
                  Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
                  X