Hosting and posting photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting and posting photos

My photos in my threads are under threat of going away. For many years I used Image shack, but about 2 years ago they started to charge to host new pics that linked to forum sites. So for the last two years I used Photobucket for hosting the pics that I post here.
    The older Imageshack pics still remained available, but in November they cancelled them. All my posts from older messages are now missing all their pictures. Today I signed up for one paid year with these turkeys, at their half price sign up deal, so that the pics work again, but I won't pay again.
    Does anyone know of anyway I can possibly edit some of those older posts and get the pics linked to another site? I know we can edit posts initially, but that goes away within a short time, or after someone else posts in the thread.
    Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
    Icetiva-3-race-car-build
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

I wish this were possible.
    Because there are many times I wish I could ammend or edit certain posts to contain better information.
    But this is the same in other forums as well.

Some don't allow editing right after your post is posted lol.
    Last edited by rmoltis; 12-31-2015, 02:52 PM.
    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Editing can be done by a global moderator or an admin. I think advancedynamics is a global mod and he can do it. What may be beneficial is to give him the exact way you want the post to look and he can just cut and paste. Would only take a couple seconds if the work was done for him.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I can do it on sections that I'm listed as a moderator. Otherwise, maybe an administrator could grant you temporary access to modify your threads. I'm not certain that's possible, but I can't see why not.
        I will do the best I can to keep your threads intact with their photos. You've posted some great threads with awesome pictures and it would be a shame to loose all that.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Thanks man, I see you are now a moderator on most of the sub forums, so the ones I posted on are covered. But the one I need to fix are pretty long, and I can't see asking someone else to do it for me.
          Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
          Icetiva-3-race-car-build
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

K, I'll mention it to the admins.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
            X