So I'm Curious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm Curious?

Does anyone here actually have a festiva? AND if so, what's up with this timing belt cover? P.s. 93

Well it wouldnt be called ford festiva.com for nothing an yes pretty much everyone on here has a festiva some have multiples and as to your question what is wrong with your cover.

Comment

Nice. My belt and pully rub it so bad it's worn down. I can't find one anywhere other than junk yard. Witch are in worse condition then mine.

Comment

Take the cover off, cut the spot out that's rubbing, reinstall cover. Problem solved?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Take the cover off. throw it in the trash. done.
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

It's a timing belt not chain so it shouldn't need to stay lubricated? So my next question would be, could it run without the cover and if so would it spit oil everywhere?

Comment

No oil. But possibly things get in, like mice, sticks, rocks, then your belt could break or jump a tooth. Is it your upper cover?

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
                Take the cover off. throw it in the trash. done.
                For the upper cover, this should be one of the first mods done.
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

To answer your question, yes people here actually own Festivas and get really upset when someone calls them a "Fiesta". I currently own 5 Festivas including 1 BP (1.8) powered with a turbo, 1 BP powered, 1 B6D (1.6) powered that I bought new in 1990.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Well thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I just rivited some tin to it and epoxy the hell out of it. So I guess Im going to drop the engine back in today and see how she purrs . If not I will trash it.

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                      No oil. But possibly things get in, like mice, sticks, rocks, then your belt could break or jump a tooth. Is it your upper cover?

Yes the upper cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedga View Post
                        Well thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I just rivited some tin to it and epoxy the hell out of it. So I guess Im going to drop the engine back in today and see how she purrs . If not I will trash it.
                        Trash the engine or the car?

And another question.

You have the engine out but don't know the timing belt shouldn't see oil?

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
                        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I will trash the timing cover. If it doesn't work as planed. Yes on the cherry picker. I was unsure becouse it was flooded with oil so i didn't know if it called for it?

Comment

Ps I would never trash a Festiva. Nor sell. To great of a car.

Comment

If you have oil in the area of your timing belt, check your camshaft seal and your crankshaft seal. Both are candidates for leaking. I've seen the camshaft seal come completely out before and oil just flowed into the belt area.
                              The Festiva Store
                              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X